Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Tentative deal with Canada Post

Reply was to that 1996 person.......

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

Must be another e-bay glitch as reply came to me.
Message 22 of 41
latest reply

Have never figured out how to use the reply option.

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

I have problems with some electronic devices\internet stuff also, it sucks when this equipment\data is smarter than me. No worries.

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

cuoumo has his own sense of humour- most of us have learned to enjoy it.

There are few regular posters here who don't want to be helpful -- and have fun too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S94ohyErSw

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

My first computer was an IBM XT.... back in the mid 1980's 

Today it is a Windows 10.....  30 years later... eBay has made me sort of computer"functional"

I have learned how to make it happen....

But when it comes to eBay....  the most important thing is to make it happen... and knowing what NOT to do.

There are many who come with a preconceived notion of what to do....... and very quickly get hit over the head with a baseball bat... or run into a brick wall

eBay is eBay ... use it wisely

Computers......  Use them to the best of your ability... always learning... but do not push your luck

Make it happen and be happy.

When eBay changes things... Go with the flow.....it may take a few tries... but `the hassle is not worth the waste of time...

This fall update  is painful if you let it hassle you.....go with the flow.. learn.... adjust  ...  and ..... continue.

Canada Post is back on our side..... no more strike problems for 2016, hopefully......Christmas is coming.....We shall overcome....

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

The agreement is for a two year period...  

The Review of Canada Post will do a lot to minimize future problems .

Canada Post must do certain things.......  and one should conclude these will get done very shortly.... in spite of what the Union or Prime Minister say.

Why?   Because the Canada Post Corporation Act allows Canada Post to proceed without question,  without anyone saying... You cannot do it..

I have learned a lot about Canada Post over the last two months.....  and.. Canada Post will make it happen.... and be there for US... The Online World 

The US ... is all small business internet sellers....  and that includes US on eBay....

Now is the time to step forward and respond to the Review of Canada Post

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

The Union and Canada Post settled what they agreed was important.....

and over the next few months there will be a lot of discussion.... without any threat of a strike  until the two years end.

Let us make the Review of Canada Post work for us...on eBay...

Message 28 of 41
latest reply

Here is a link to the Review of Canada Post page

http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/examendepostescanada-canadapostreview/index-eng.html

Add your own views....

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

How long does it take for the membership to ratify? 

Message 30 of 41
latest reply

@julieo459 wrote:

How long does it take for the membership to ratify? 

Sometime in September.

Doesn't really matter when, the membership will ratify.

-..-

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

According to the Winnipeg Free Press....

Local membership will ratify based on what the head of the union in Manitoba has indicated

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

I just thought of something. Two year deal?

No, it is not. It is a 16 month deal as it is back dated to when the previous contract ran out.

This all starts again, in one year.

Photobucket
Message 33 of 41
latest reply

In its statement Tuesday, Canada Post said it is still saddled with "complex" issues around declining lettermail volumes and rising pension costs, but the two-year deal with the union will buy some breathing room to hash out those problem areas.

"This approach provides more time for thoughtful discussion and analysis on how to best address these issues without the ongoing threat of a work disruption," the corporation said. 

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

This two-year time period will also allow the Review of Canada Post to become an important part of discussions between the Union and Canada Post.

Canada Post should be able to do many things without the Union's disagreement..... The Review should examine this reality

The most important part of the Canada Post Corporation Act relates to Objectives of CPC  and states..

the need to conduct its operations on a self-sustaining financial basis while providing a standard of service that will meet the needs of the people of Canada and that is similar with respect to communities of the same size;

Several things CPC would want to do will result in a requirement for less employees...such as concerns with respect to Postal outlets with CPC employees with the establishment of franchised outlet, `and Community Mail Boxes.

and then... the Prime Minister has his concerns... which also must be taken care of...  

It should be noted that towards the end of this series of negotiations,  the major concerns became the pension and the payment of Rural versus urban delivery people.... and eventually only the Rural-Urban concern.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

@pierrelebel wrote:

In its statement Tuesday, Canada Post said it is still saddled with "complex" issues around declining lettermail volumes and rising pension costs, but the two-year deal with the union will buy some breathing room to hash out those problem areas.

"This approach provides more time for thoughtful discussion and analysis on how to best address these issues without the ongoing threat of a work disruption," the corporation said. 

They had the last 5 1/2 years to do this and management refused. Management relied on Harper passing illegal legislation, then pork barreling Chopra into another five years in defiance of a new government coming in.

Photobucket
Message 36 of 41
latest reply

um, management has been making  moves to fix things, until trudeau put a stop to comunity mailboxes, lettermail increase and signled to the union he wouldn't stop a strike

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I just thought of something. Two year deal?

No, it is not. It is a 16 month deal as it is back dated to when the previous contract ran out.

This all starts again, in one year.

Oh plllleeeaaase, this pleasant prospect just burst my happy-face balloon.  Woman Very Happy

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

@pierrelebel wrote:

They had the last 5 1/2 years to do this and management refused. Management relied on Harper passing illegal legislation, then pork barreling Chopra into another five years in defiance of a new government coming in.  

That's just what I was thinking when I read the above quote.  Yikes, they've just had 8 full months for "thoughtful discussion", what the heck else were they doing? 

I suspect the government told everyone, look, get some sort of a deal, any deal together now, whatever you can live with for the short term, to give us time to complete the public review.  

Things may have changed considerably by the time this contract comes up for negotiation in September 2017, in fact it's possible the whole landscape will look different. 

BTW, if union executives have ratified this tentative deal, there's little chance the membership will reject it, especially with the fall season starting, Christmas ahead, and summer holidays over.  Nothing like Labour Day to end Canada Post disputes.  

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

um, management has been making  moves to fix things, until trudeau put a stop to comunity mailboxes, lettermail increase and signled to the union he wouldn't stop a strike

They had years and years (albeit under different direction) to fix things while Harper was in power, and apparently the best he and his government could manage to achieve in all that time to "fix" things was back-to-work legislation.  A public review is at least a fresh approach.  

Message 40 of 41
latest reply