Unfair Negative FeedBack

I got an unfair negative feedback recently. This buyer asked for a refund after 1 month of purchase, and she never contacted me before. I explained that I can only accept the return for a refund within 14 days following the close of the auction (listed in the description). She said she is single and works 75 hours per week, she didn't have time and didn't know how to install the system ( Maybe not true). I told her as the return policy, I can't refund her but I can offer her the free setting up. She didn't respond to my offer, but leave the worst negative feedback 2 days later. I contacted eBay to remove the NG FB, but they wouldn't do it. I really don't understand that. As per eBay's Policy, once the buyer won the item, we both side are bound to the terms as described in the listing. Now, the new FB policy is unfair to the sellers. Of course, 99% of the buyers are very kind, but few are abusing the new FB system. The final victim will be eBay!
I would be very grateful if you could make common on this issue. Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unfair Negative FeedBack

faerywishes
Community Member
Hi
I'm sorry you got the negative feedback. I offer 30 day return less shipping as I understand how busy people can get & I want my buyers to feel that I'm giving them great customer service. In this case especially since the buyer was a newbie I would have agreed to the return as long as everything was returned as sent. And the buyer paying for the shipping there and back. Someone working 75 hours a week probably wouldn't have gotten around to shipping it back and they would have felt at least you were helpful.

Keep in mind that you are to offer great customer service and even though you item detail gives the return info, it would go a long way to be more understanding about a buyers situation. You wouldn't have been out any money, just time. As I've learned in here, you get what you put in. If you're too rigid, it will bite you in the butt.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Unfair Negative FeedBack

but few are abusing the new FB system

Just like a few abused the old system and a few will abuse whatever system there is.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Unfair Negative FeedBack

Thank you guys so much for the commons. I am kind of new to eBay. I think I learned something from that. Thanks again.
Harry
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Unfair Negative FeedBack

Can see the buyer is somewhat frustrated with their purchase. Perhaps they found it cheaper somewhere else, perhaps they discovered some problems with it, hard to say.

I often get so busy that I postpone claiming mailing-rebates until they expire, so I can understand that buyer hesitated to get back to you.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Unfair Negative FeedBack

palms_and_pdas
Community Member
A sellers return polices should stand or we should have ebay write them for us as a policy for all buyers.

They do everything now so why not throw this in to close up this loophole so we have a uniformly accepted ebay and paypal mandated rule.

Paypal is already 45 days, so why has ebay not adopted the same rule as they are the same company.

This would solve this issue and help on paypal claims and clawbacks.

Fitz
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Unfair Negative FeedBack

whoscloset
Community Member
Wear it with pride.

Monique

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Unfair Negative FeedBack

Rating in school/work should be objective and it's almost completely under person's control, because when unfair, it can be challenged.

eBay feedback is subjective and is not under seller's control. It is a product of free speech. Unfair feedback can only be challenged if proven in violation with eBay policies. I had the case of "muted" extortion, where the buyer did not specifically say "I will neg you if not extras", but "I will leave FB accordingly if not extras". This was sent through eBay message, I pointed it out, it was obvious what "accordingly" meant to be, and yet due to lack of "negative" in that sentence eBay refused to remove it..

Neg on eBay is like an accident, you can prevent most of them, but sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Message 8 of 8
latest reply