Upcoming May release of Migration Tool from ca. to com.

bl32
Community Member

Does anyone know if the scheduled release in May of the Migration Tool to be used from ca. to com. will also be allowing transfer of "unsold" items as well as "sold" items ?

Bill

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

According to this ebay.ca web page on the Migration tools, yes.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/list-in-cad/migration-tool-usd-listings.html

2. The Tool will automatically load a list of all your active and ended USD listings on eBay.ca.

Ended listing means Sold and UnSold as I understand it.

This line is in both sections, Convert your listings to CAD and Move your listings to eBay.com.

It will not convert active listings. The listing have to have ended, that is, Sold or Unsold.

My understanding of how the tool will work. Someone correct me if I am wrong or missing details.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

The Tool will automatically load a list of all your active and ended USD listings on eBay.ca.

Read again .....Active and ended listings

All active listings....

All listings are put into a draft folder....  prices are changed from US to Canadian dollars.

Listings can be adjusted if desired.... and then put back onto eBay as active listings.....  and then delete the listings in US dollars...

---------------------------------------------------

First put the store on vacation....  and start everything on May 16

then change billing currency to CDN dollars  on May 16... after billing date May 15.

link to 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/billing-currency.html

My approach....

(1) delete unsold listings.  ( I have copies of all templates elsewhere.

(2) transfer active listings to draft file

(3) Change US to CDN dollars. for all listings in draft file..

(4) upload draft listings to eBay,  and

(5) then delete all marked listings that are in US 

A link to all of the information...

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/list-in-cad/index.html

The procedure is described fully  under the Migration tool....

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

after all listings have been adjusted and uploaded as active listings,  and all US listings have been deleted.

Run the Duplicate listing scanner... just to make sure  that no duplicates are left as active listings on eBay.

link to 

http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/DuplicateListings.htm

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

According to this ebay.ca web page on the Migration tools, yes.

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/list-in-cad/migration-tool-usd-listings.html

2. The Tool will automatically load a list of all your active and ended USD listings on eBay.ca.

Ended listing means Sold and UnSold as I understand it.

This line is in both sections, Convert your listings to CAD and Move your listings to eBay.com.

It will not convert active listings. The listing have to have ended, that is, Sold or Unsold.

My understanding of how the tool will work. Someone correct me if I am wrong or missing details.

Sorry, active was right there in my face, lol.

Thanks to cumos55 for pointing that out.

Learning and understanding the changes is a team effort from all in the forums. Every question and answer and correction and refinement is needed to accomplish the changes with minimal issues.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

We have to keep asking questions.....

and...... we  have to get the right answers....  

I keep asking questions  of myself and keep reading procedure   over and over again... just to be sure of what to do...  with close to 3700 listings to adjust....

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I'm still very foggy about shipping when iT comes to switching to Ebay .com. Will we still be able to print shipping slips to US customers? I suspect we will but, I haven't heard a definitive answer. Do we still have control in pricing shipping cost to the US?

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I checked the early version of the tool and it only showed active listing. Maybe the May version will be different.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@jersey..authentix wrote:

I'm still very foggy about shipping when iT comes to switching to Ebay .com. Will we still be able to print shipping slips to US customers? I suspect we will but, I haven't heard a definitive answer. Do we still have control in pricing shipping cost to the US?

You'll have to use flat rate shipping as there are no domestic shipping API's you'll be able to access on .com to price your shipping. You'll be able to print labels as normal.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

If you are going to move your listings from eBay Canada to eBay.com, you are  able to see the conversion for each Canada Post shipping option... to a non-specific named shipping option.  This is indicated on that link to the Migration tool.

You can use Canada Post for shipping... but on eBay.com you will not be able to say Canada Post.

A Canadian seller with listings in US dollars on eBay.com will use fixed rate shipping... the same for all US states.... and the same for all provinces in Canada.

One should also remember that domestic shipping on eBay.com is shipping to the US, while shipping to Canada is international shipping.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

If you list on dotCOM, you will have to use Flat Rate Shipping.

More important to you is that you will not be allowed to charge more than $4.00USD for shipping your CDs and DVDs. The media shipping cap also applies to books.

To print your label, you go directly to the payment page on Paypal which accesses Canada Post.

If your item will cost more to ship than $4.00 you have two choices.

List on eBayCANADA*, where you have full use of Calculated Shipping.

OR

Use Free Shipping and include the actual cost of shipping in the price of your dotCOM item.

*Remember whatever currency you list in, your customer Searching on dotCOM will see your asking price in USD.

If you list on dotCA, your customer will see your asking price in the currency used by the site he is searching on, loonies, pounds, euros, yen....

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If you list on dotCOM, you will have to use Flat Rate Shipping.

More important to you is that you will not be allowed to charge more than $4.00USD for shipping your CDs and DVDs. The media shipping cap also applies to books.

If your item will cost more to ship than $4.00 you have two choices.

List on eBayCANADA*, where you have full use of Calculated Shipping.

OR

Use Free Shipping and include the actual cost of shipping in the price of your dotCOM item.

The ebay.com shipping cap is no longer set at $4.00 US for most media. It has had adjustments.

Complete list: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/maximum_shipping.html

Books: $5 to $7 depending on type of book

VHS: $5

DVD/Blu-Ray: $6

Music Cassette: $3

Vinyl record: $4

Music CD: $5

Video games: $4

-.-

Canada Light Packet (under 2cm thick) rates to USA (2016)

000-200g ..  5.70
201-300g ..  8.23

-.-

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

If you plan to move your listings in US dollars from eBay Canada to eBay.com.

You may want to convert all of your shipping to flat rate shipping.

When the Migration toll does its job,  your shipping will be blank because the Migration  tool cannot convert calculated shipping to flat rate shipping.

Read the procedure and confirm  what will happen with the Migration tool....l

Adjust the listings before  the =Migration tool is used  and the transition will progress without any difficulty

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I have business policies set-up for payment, return and shipping.  Do you know if these will be moved over with the tool or do I need to create them on .com before moving my items?

Thanks!!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I hope that Migration Tool may be applicable to scheduled items as well...

At least I hope they will give it to us.

With size of my store I have more expired listings a day than I can switch to Canadian currency using individual item's routine.

And in order to preserve expired listings that I can not switch yet in system's memory, I have scheduled them for relisting.

And as we all know scheduled items should be handled only one by one...

Hope other sellers may have a similar situation and migration tool will be extended for scheduled items as well to make it easier to us.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply