Urgent HELP!! SCAM for refund & keep new item by returning a DIFFERENT USED item!!

RE: Scam a new item & full refund by returning a USED DIFFERENT item.

I am an issue going right now on ebay and I believe it's a SCAM!! I sold a brand new item with tags, receipt and a shopping bag to a buyer. She received and filed a claim on eBay that the item isn't as described(not NWT, USED item). At that time I felt something is not right (maybe scam or attempts to damage seller's feedback rating). Few messages of communication with her I clicked "accept return" on eBay to avoid hassle because I didn't want her to screw up my account. After I clicked "accept return", she also left me a negative feedback. Later I asked her to provide me with photos for the item that she received. Today she uploaded 2 photos and returned the item with a tracking number. I was shocked when I saw the photos. It's a totally different, used item in a different size. I sold the buyer a brand new pair of pants in size 8 with tags, receipt and shopping bag. She uploaded 2 photos of a pair of used, different pants in size 10. When the case was open, she never mentioned about size until I asked her to show me some pictures of the received item. After viewing the photos, I realised that it's 100% a scam!!!

The returned item is on the way but it's a totally different one that I had sent to the buyer. I have called Ebay CS twice for advice but they told me that I have to wait till the item is returned to me. Then call back again to escalate the case. At that time ebay will step in and review the case. I heard that eBay is more favour in buyers in most cases. Is that true? What is my chance to win the case? I really need sellers who had similar experience to give me some advice. Thank you very much

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Urgent HELP!! SCAM for refund & keep new item by returning a DIFFERENT USED item!!

..."twice for advice but they told me that I have to wait till the item is returned to me."

Do just that.  Wait until the parcel is returned to you.  Inspect and call eBay at that time.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Urgent HELP!! SCAM for refund & keep new item by returning a DIFFERENT USED item!!

Forget to mention in the first post message. I have been sold the exact same item in different sizes and in multiple quantity on eBay. Each item is new with tags and comes with the gift receipt. I have all the original receipts and transaction record including item's description, photos of items, date of purchase and store locators where all items were originally from. I am not sure whether this information is helpful for the case. I hope it does.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Called CS for advice first time. The second time was to report a scam and hope that eBay can step in immediately to review the case. But nothing they can do now till the returned item is received.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I went through this recently. Dont open the item yourself. If you can open it in front of the postman and see if he will sign a statement of what he sees. If you open it yourself , ebay will only say that they are unable to verify what in fact was in the package. Even then most likely Ebay will do nothing, but its your best argument. A picture with the post couldn't hurt either

Message 5 of 5
latest reply