WARNING EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM. WARNING TO CANADIAN BUYERS

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT IS LISTED AS 'GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM' .  AND DON'T BELIEVE THE CLAIM "NO ADDITIONAL FEES AT DELIVERY.'  I NOTICED EBAY HAS CHANGED THIS LINE TO "International shipping and import charges paid to Pitney Bowes Inc  TOO LATE FOR ME.  I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!!  I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE BOUGHT THE ITEM LOCALLY AT RETAIL PRICES.  DON'T GET FOOLED BY THIS.  YOU GET NOTHING FOR THIS FEE.  CANADA POST CHARGES $8 TO BROKERAGE A USA IMPORT.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PITNEY BOWES DOES FOR THIS FEE, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE EBAY GETS A BIG CUT OF IT OR THEY WOULDN'T BE PUSHING IT.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

marnotom!
Community Member

@barny101 wrote:

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT IS LISTED AS 'GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM' .  AND DON'T BELIEVE THE CLAIM "NO ADDITIONAL FEES AT DELIVERY.'  I NOTICED EBAY HAS CHANGED THIS LINE TO "International shipping and import charges paid to Pitney Bowes Inc  TOO LATE FOR ME.  I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!!!!  I MIGHT AS WELL HAVE BOUGHT THE ITEM LOCALLY AT RETAIL PRICES.  DON'T GET FOOLED BY THIS.  YOU GET NOTHING FOR THIS FEE.  CANADA POST CHARGES $8 TO BROKERAGE A USA IMPORT.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT PITNEY BOWES DOES FOR THIS FEE, BUT I'M PRETTY SURE EBAY GETS A BIG CUT OF IT OR THEY WOULDN'T BE PUSHING IT.

I just posted a response to your post on an earlier thread and reading this one, I'm even more confused about what happened with your sale.

How much was your item, how much was the shipping charge, and how much in "import charges" did you pay?  Did you have to pay taxes "at the door" in order to receive your item?

A listing number would help but I understand if you would rather not let us see it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

"No additional fees at delivery".  It means that there should be no additional fees at your end when you received the package/parcels.

The problem is that there is no indication on package or parcel that I have already paid the import charges, Canada Post can ding us with the import charges, meaning we pay for the import charges TWICE!  That is the whole problem.

eBay needs to "retire" this insane bogus scam immediately!

Anyone is enough brave to file legal charges against eBay regarding this bogus scam??

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

"No additional fees at delivery".  It means that there should be no additional fees at your end when you received the package/parcels.

The problem is that there is no indication on package or parcel that I have already paid the import charges, Canada Post can ding us with the import charges, meaning we pay for the import charges TWICE!  That is the whole problem.

Canada Post only collects taxes owing on postal imports that have been assessed them by the Canadian Border Services Agency.  They don't do the actual "dinging".

Have you been the victim of "double dipping" on taxes owing?  Your post doesn't actually say that you have.

In any event, there is a dispute process open to you if that should happen.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dispute-contestation-eng.html

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just because you haven't paid fees before does not mean that they were not owing - you just got away with them.

Now you can't.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

"Canada Post can ding us with the import charges, meaning we pay for the import charges TWICE!  That is the whole problem."

Is this something you know from personal experience or just another assumption as we have seen on this subject by so many posters?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Please don't SHOUT (cap. letters) - makes it so hard to read.  Every day posts about GSP -  We HEAR you!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 8 of 8
latest reply