When can we expect to see another free listing promotion? I need one badlllllyyy!!!

We got 1 - 500 free listing promotion about 20 days ago and now nothing - also before that 1 promotion there was none for 2 months : ( ! Does anyone know when we can except another free listing promotion ? I'm hoping with christmas around the corner eBay will offer more promotions ! Only time will tell I suppose !

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: When can we expect to see another free listing promotion? I need one badlllllyyy!!!

NOPE - IT IS NOW GONE!  3 HOURS AND IT HAS DISAPPEARED FROM MY PROMO SECTION.  JUST THE USUAL 50 FREE LISTING FOR THE MONTH.  EBAY HAS DONE SOME WEIRD THINGS IN THE PAST, BUT THIS TAKES FIRST PRIZE FOR THE MOST BIZARRE OFFER!  Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Re: When can we expect to see another free listing promotion? I need one badlllllyyy!!!

@around_again_records wrote:

I've been thinking about these 50 free listings on .com also, but I didn't want the hassle of figuring out the shipping. A light came on when I read to list lighter items where flat rate shipping can be easily calculated, makes a lot of sense. I think I might try it.

Now I'm wondering if I can list in Canadian Dollars on .com. It seems like it would be simpler to keep the same currency. Do I have to list in US $.

Yes, US$ for ,com, CA$ for .ca

If you wish you can save up the US$ in your paypal account for buying things that are in US$ (either on eBay, or from US companies that accept paypal as a payment method) -- it helps save on exchange fees.

A tip for shipping when listing on ebay.com:

@If you use (for example) light packet @ $5.90CA to ship to the USA, then charge $5.90us for shipping. The conversion difference can go towards packaging, and ebay & paypal fees on shipping. The buyer will see that you paid $5.90 for shipping so will not complain of overcharging. And you the seller don't have to worry about exchange rate changes, and can easily update the shipping charge the next time Canada Post bumps the price.

-..-

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Not to mention that its only from midnight until 3am. I guess they don't plan to lose too much money that way but get to look really generous by giving away 50 thousand listings. That is, if you are psychic and knew enough to set a clock to get you up in the middle of the night in anticipation of the promo, drank a gallon of concentrated espresso and then managed a super-sonic high-speed listing marathon. Wow, eBay, hope it didn't break the bank.
Message 23 of 32
latest reply

Actually since it was in eastern time it showed up here just after 9 pm (Pacific time).  Still a very odd time to run a promo most definitely.

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@around_again_records wrote:

I've been thinking about these 50 free listings on .com also, but I didn't want the hassle of figuring out the shipping. A light came on when I read to list lighter items where flat rate shipping can be easily calculated, makes a lot of sense. I think I might try it.

Now I'm wondering if I can list in Canadian Dollars on .com. It seems like it would be simpler to keep the same currency. Do I have to list in US $.

Yes, US$ for ,com, CA$ for .ca

If you wish you can save up the US$ in your paypal account for buying things that are in US$ (either on eBay, or from US companies that accept paypal as a payment method) -- it helps save on exchange fees.

A tip for shipping when listing on ebay.com:

@If you use (for example) light packet @ $5.90CA to ship to the USA, then charge $5.90us for shipping. The conversion difference can go towards packaging, and ebay & paypal fees on shipping. The buyer will see that you paid $5.90 for shipping so will not complain of overcharging. And you the seller don't have to worry about exchange rate changes, and can easily update the shipping charge the next time Canada Post bumps the price.

-..-

Sounds good. I would no doubt find a use for the US funds 🙂

The thing that is concerning me is the confusion when having some listing in US dollars and some in CDN dollars. Doesn't that get confusing for customers, and billing, and fees and everything else that needs to be kept track of.

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

The thing that is concerning me is the confusion when having some listing in US dollars and some in CDN dollars.

Not really.

On your lists (Active/ Unsold/Sold) , each item will show with the currency it was listed in.

For those listed in USD, the approximate CDN dollar value will show below. For those listed in CDN , the USD dollar value will show below.

In addition, I add a Note (which cannot be seen except by me) telling me which site and when I listed. Sometimes other things too (such as closed UIDs.) I like Notes.

Doesn't that get confusing for customers,

Some few US customers panic when they see the "higher" CDN  price. Most of those only need to have the US price on the page pointed out.

If someone gets really nutty about it, cancel and block. It's rare, but some sales are not worth having.

I should mention that my customers are readers and people who enjoy following instructions. (books, sewing patterns) YMMV

and billing, and fees and everything else that needs to be kept track of.

In my bookkeepping, which is a paper and pen ledger, I have separate columns for CDN and USD sales. I can see how many sales I've made in each currency (it's running neck and neck, BTW) and my accountant is fine with it too.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

If a buyer purchase items listed in different currencies they will have go pay for them separately.  It's not a huge deal but it can be a bit confusing to the buyer.  I try to keep 'like' items in the same currency so I have sports related items on just one site because if a buyer purchases multiple items they will probably be the same type of item.  That would be more difficult for you but perhaps you could put classical music all on one site and other styles on the other site.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

WHATTT !! I DID NOT GET THIS : O ! 

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

So if I go into .com can I resist my unsold items? OR sum one said you have to restart the listings ? What happens if It sells in .com versus .ca will it still show up on my phone app? I don't want to miss a sale in a day if I have to go on my laptop to sign in to see. 

and still no promotions 😞 COM FREAKIN ON EBAY ! 

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@girlgamer94 wrote:

So if I go into .com can I resist my unsold items?  OR sum one said you have to restart the listings ? What happens if It sells in .com versus .ca will it still show up on my phone app? I don't want to miss a sale in a day if I have to go on my laptop to sign in to see. 

I can never resist unsold items.   😉  

Most people relist with "sell similar" for any number of reasons but you can do it however you want.  If you have a shipping fee for one country but list on the other the items will show up.  You will get a notice on your phone or laptop anytime you sell something if you have your account set up to send you notifications and your phone to receive them.  If you are in a business meeting or a movie theatre you should probably have your phone off as a matter of courtesy.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply

Sooooo i'm on .com of eBay and I'm just finishing 1 listing and then my postal code wouldn't work. So what do I put there  😧

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

@girlgamer94 wrote:

Sooooo i'm on .com of eBay and I'm just finishing 1 listing and then my postal code wouldn't work. So what do I put there  😧

Are you trying to use calculated shipping (which you can't do from Canada)?

Or is it someplace else you are asked for the postal code?

-..-

Oct 11-17 promo on ebay.ca: Create 500 FREE auction or fixed price listings

-..-

Message 32 of 32
latest reply