When is the next mailing day, 27th or 28th?

I looked at the Canada Post website, but it's not clear. I says that if a holiday falls on weekend, there will be a one day delay, but I am not sure if they mean Christmas day.

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The next mailing day for shipping or pick up and delivery is Wednesday, Dec.28/16. 

I actually just talked to postal clerk that I regularly do business with about this exact question a few minutes ago...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

The next mailing day for shipping or pick up and delivery is Wednesday, Dec.28/16. 

I actually just talked to postal clerk that I regularly do business with about this exact question a few minutes ago...

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

will ebay be adding 2 days to delivery estimates for these 2 days??

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Thanks, I meant to ask my husband to check with the postal clerk this morning, but I forgot.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I don't know  (nor do I trust that they will follow through.... ) that's why my packages are be mailed out after the Christmas holidays.......

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

I believe from my conversation that Tuesday, Dec.27/16 the Post Office will be open but nothing is being picked up or delivered.  

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

This was checked at a Shoppers Drug Mart postal outlet on Wednesday, December 21

One can delivery mail to a postal outlet on December 27.... Tracking will (should) show a December 27 date.

Canada Post  will pick up the mail from postal outlets on December 28... and... The Canada Post system will be fully operational on December 28.

There will be no pickup from postal outlets or delivery of mail to residences  or elsewhere by Canada Post on December 27.

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

Even if you mail out your packages on Tuesday, Dec.27/16, they will sit at the post office until Canada Post becomes fully operational on Wednesday Dec.28/16.

Even then the packages get picked up in the morning, but ride around in the postal van all day until there sent to the processing center after 6 pm. So the best time to go to the post office is Wednesday afternoon to mail out the packages before they get picked up at 5pm (last pick up for the day).  

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

If you have a post office in an independent business (ie ours is in Shoppers) then you might get lucky and they might be open on Dec 27.
The sign at ours says mail received after noon Dec 23 will not be processed until Dec 28. And mail received after noon Dec 30 will not be processed until Jan 3.
Even with 4 days handling time and 11-23 days for delivery I don't know how I'm going to avoid the defect on the sale I had this afternoon.
Message 9 of 27
latest reply

From CPC: Thank you for trusting Canada Post to deliver your parcels. You can track our progress on the site below. Also, please keep your stairs and walkways clear of snow and ice for the safety of any visitor to your door, including our delivery employees. After Christmas, regular delivery will resume on December 28.

Screen Shot 2016-12-24 at 11.58.47 AM.png

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

@prarie_nerd wrote:
If you have a post office in an independent business (ie ours is in Shoppers) then you might get lucky and they might be open on Dec 27.
The sign at ours says mail received after noon Dec 23 will not be processed until Dec 28. And mail received after noon Dec 30 will not be processed until Jan 3.
Even with 4 days handling time and 11-23 days for delivery I don't know how I'm going to avoid the defect on the sale I had this afternoon.

I would be surprised if a package didn't arrive in 15-27 business days to the US.  Plus...it looks as if you use tracking so if even if ebay is counting the 26 and 27 as business days, an item sold on Friday dec 23 with 4 days handling doesnt need to be scanned until the 29th and once it's scanned it can't be considered late.  

Our outlet will still be open on Monday and Tuesday and will scan packages when received so from a late shipment point of view, there is nothing to worry about if there is tracking.  

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The regular delivery service is back on December 28 and January 3.

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

I have incoming ebay parcels that promise Dec. 26 delivery. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 11.58.30 AM.png

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

So that is three stats they missed: Dec. 26 and 27 (for the 25th) and Jan. 2 for Jan. 1 which also falls on a Sunday as did Christmas Day. 

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

Where do you see that they PROMISE Dec 26th delivery? It is only estimated delivery date ranges!

Message 15 of 27
latest reply

I'm looking at this as a buyer would: the dates are black and white. I truly don't give a rat's behind about the 26th as a delivery date, my point is that ebay has failed again to recognize the Stat holidays in their EDD. Get my point?

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

The first date in their EDD should be Dec. 28. 

That EDD should read Dec. 28 to Jan. 8.

If I were a typical buyer and the EDD was for an untraced parcel, this would matter. January 8 versus Jan. 4 would matter very much for Late Shipment Defects and Items Not Received. 

And ebay should know bette than to tell buyers to expect Canada Post delivery operates on a Stat. That is unprofessional. 

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

And what is the paranoia with late shipping defects, you are allowed 5% to retain top rated status?

There are a lot more important things to deal with that don't give you ulcers for nothing.

People can rant and rave about things Ebay says and does, but I have learned they could care less about seller, buyers, or anything else other than what they can show shareholders as income and profit.

I spend most of my time reading the US boards because more people post, more variety, but the same constant complaints that Ebay refuses to ever deal with. Sold relists are coming back again which Ebay in the US and Canada still deny.

I fought with Raphael for months about it and guess what? Nothing happened or was done other than I lived with 2 out of stock defects for a year.

Ebay could care less about what we say and how many times we say it.

Their attitude is, if you don't like it or aren't happy, go away and don't bother us. They want retail outlets, the Chinese, lots of ads on their site and our listings, and the rest does not matter.

We can't direct buyers to other sites or our own websites, but Ebay has no problem doing it more and more every day, even after a buyer buys.

Why do you really think a lot of sellers sales are way down year after year. Ebay does not need or want us around unless we say nothing that may give them headaches or problems.

Enough of my rants and points of view as I said I would not post any more.

Oh, one other thing, if Ebay really cares, they would fix the page not found, errors, and time outs constantly on their site. That is a bigger concern than anything else as it shows their site and servers have all kinds of issues which will catch up with them in time.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

And what is the paranoia with late shipping defects, you are allowed 5% to retain top rated status?

Wrong delivery time estimates help increase customer dissatisfaction with their purchase. The where's my stuff problem.

Wrong delivery time estimates starts the Item-Not-Received process too soon.

And because this is a really easy eBay issue to actually fix as compared to a number of their other more complex system problems.

I have two pre-Xmas purchases that promised delivery with a last date of December 26 (when Canada Post, FedEx and UPS are not making deliveries). eBay should have been using the correct December 28 for Canada.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Through the month of December, my Payment Instructions were revised to reflect the CPC published Holiday Mailing Deadlines so that customers would know to have more realistic expectations of delivery guarantees.

All my listings read as follows: "CANADA POST DEADLINE FOR 2016 HOLIDAY DELIVERY: WITHIN CANADA EXPEDITED PARCEL is DEC 12 and XPRESSPOST is DEC 21 /// USA TRACKED PACKET is DEC 12 and XPRESSPOST is DEC 16 /// OVERSEAS (EUROPE ASIA AUSTRALIA) TRACKED PACKET is DEC 2 and XPRESSPOST is DEC 9. PLEASE SELECT YOUR SERVICE WISELY"

Now that Christmas is passed, I am again revising the Payment Instructions to read the following: "Please note Canada Post Corporation does not operate Dec. 26  and Dec. 27 or Jan. 2 in respect to Canadian statutory holidays. This may affect your displayed Estimated Delivery Dates"

I like to play it safe. For any buyer out there who might take the time to read everything prior to purchase. 

Message 20 of 27
latest reply