Why does my order confirmation not show my ship-to address in Canada but rather''Erlanger, KY, USA''

dlre44
Community Member

My ship to is in Canada but the confirmation email i received was the correct name but addr:

1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200
Erlanger, KY 41018-3193
United States

Please explain and maybe correct your order confirmation system.

Thank you,

DLR

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Why does my order confirmation not show my ship-to address in Canada but rather''Erlanger, KY, USA''

Your seller is using the Global Shipping System where the items

are sent to KY and then resent to the original address.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

baze2448
Community Member

What do you mean by original address?

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

@baze2448 wrote:

What do you mean by original address?

The buyer's address.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

lfou9496
Community Member

I have had a xmas gift @ 1850 since Nov 12th, 2013.  I am very nervous it will not come to my Montreal Canada address in time.  What I deplore, is that the seller said it would arrive no later than Nov 27th, 2013.  I registered a query and no answer...what can I do?

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

File a claim with PayPal for non-receipt.  Today.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

You have only 45 days to file a claim. Do so immediately.

Actually, if you contact a seller 15 or 20 days after the item was supposed to be shipped and get no response after 48 hours, file a claim. Non-response is a red flag.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I'm a canadian with a registered verified confirmed mailing address in Canada and am just having the same issue with an item I purchased thru Paypal. I have ordered numerous items thru ebay and in the US with no problems until now.

The seller won't ship to me because it says my address is this 1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200 Erlanger, KY 41018 United States

I need assistance and not sure what to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@just4josie wrote:

I'm a canadian with a registered verified confirmed mailing address in Canada and am just having the same issue with an item I purchased thru Paypal. I have ordered numerous items thru ebay and in the US with no problems until now.

The seller won't ship to me because it says my address is this 1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200 Erlanger, KY 41018 United States

I need assistance and not sure what to do.

Are either you or your seller aware that the item was listed with the Global Shipping Program as the shipping method?  You're likely aware as you acknowledged that you were agreeing to the terms and conditions of the program when you hit the "commit to buy" button on the purchase page.  On the other hand, your seller may be unaware that they've "registered" for the program.

I'd start out by pointing out to the seller that the listing for the camera stated shipping to the Global Shipping Program and send them a link to some basic information on the program.  See what he says after that.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

By the way, I'm assuming you're okay with the camera being shipped that way.  If I've misunderstood, please let me know.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

pat0667
Community Member

Are you Patricia Anderson?  If so, your package was rerouted by Pitney Bowes to my address in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Send me an address to send it to and I'll mail it to you.  I was going to return it to Lubbock TX as when I pulled off the rerouting address label, I wasn't sure the address was correct. I Googled the street address and found your blogs.

Another Patricia Anderson

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@pat0667 wrote:

Are you Patricia Anderson?  If so, your package was rerouted by Pitney Bowes to my address in Calgary, Alberta Canada.

Send me an address to send it to and I'll mail it to you.  I was going to return it to Lubbock TX as when I pulled off the rerouting address label, I wasn't sure the address was correct. I Googled the street address and found your blogs.

Another Patricia Anderson

Patricia, you'd probably be best contacting the other Patricia Anderson through her blogs, if you're able to do that.  This thread's a bit outdated and Dire44 hasn't posted since her(?) initial post in August.  Besides, his/her initials may be DLR as that's how (s)he signed off the post.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Does anyone have a phone number to Erlanger Ky facility . A package was shipped there with no REF number added so how does it get to the final recipient. I sent the buyer the USPS tracking number and I have his ref number but did not know what it meant so I left it off the package.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

This Pitney Bowes shipping system will kill eBay! As if we don't pay enough already I ordered a cable for my snow blower and it cost $11.99 the add said $15 for shipping then the PBS adds another 15 for service fees so my $1.99 cable cost me $39.00 CDN farewell eBay, it was fun while it lasted but now your greed fee is destroying it!!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

EBay does not encourage sellers using the Global Shipping Program for items valued under $50, but they don't do anything to remind sellers of this at the time of listing.

They also signed up new sellers, those least likely to understand the Program, holus-bolus, when they introduced the GSP nearly two years ago.

That your seller is using it for a ($2? $12?) cable shows that the Canadian market is very tiny and he very rarely gets Canadian buyers, or he would have changed his listings by now.

The fees break down into those paid to the Canadian goverment (duty and tax as applicable on items valued over $20DCDN) and a $5 fee for handling to Pitney Bowes. It is likely that eBay gets part of the $5 as a finder's  fee.

I'm dysnumeric, which makes arithmetic difficult for me.

I fail to understand why any duty or sales tax would be charged. Even worse I can't figure out how a $2 purchase price + $15 shipping and +$15 import fees could total $39.

FWIW, the total you would be paying does appear before you click Pay Now.

It's a badly conceived and worse run program.

For complaint about the import fees part write:

The Right Honourable Stephen Harper

House of Commons

OTTAWA ON K1A 0A6

You don't need to stamp the envelope. Write OHMS where the stamp would normally go.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

if this is malene I have your order and possibly you have mine a motor cycle tachometer

@dlre44 wrote:

My ship to is in Canada but the confirmation email i received was the correct name but addr:

1850 Airport Exchange Blvd #200
Erlanger, KY 41018-3193
United States

Please explain and maybe correct your order confirmation system.

Thank you,

DLR

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

@jmas8449 wrote:

if this is malene I have your order and possibly you have mine  

It's not likely, since dlre44's inquiry is more than 3 years old.   Now that would be a long delay.   🙂 

Message 16 of 16
latest reply