Windows 10

73rhc
Community Member

Here are the issues that I had as a seller.

1- I have a Nikon D7000 DSLR and the drivers are only available up to Win8.1. I couldn't upload my pictures without downloading Nikon's viewer. This added redundant work. Far from ideal.

2- With WIn8.1, when I would print a Paypal shipping label. I would see a "Sample" image. But it would print the proper label. With Win10, I would see the "Sample" image and when I clicked "print label" the label came out with "Sample" and "Void". With the shipping info beneath.

So, beware before upgrading. You only have 30 days to revert back to your previous Windows. I did and everything is back to normal.

P.s. I contacted Microsoft about the issue. It's a known issue. The person that I chatted with said the drivers should be available soon. But I wasn't willing to wait on the empty promise.

I became aware of the Paypal issue after I chatted with the Microsoft guy. But I suspect that it's also a driver issue.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Windows 10

Why not leave the stone age and just use a card reader to get your pictures? Using a camera company software to "get" your pictures is so windows 98.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Would you mind explaining how that works as I don't know anything about card readers.  Do you attach a card reader to your camera or to you to put the camera's memory card in the card reader and then attach it to your computer..or???

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

"That is so 98"  

I'm not impressed with maximus's cavalier attitude.  We are not all able to just go get the latest technology.  I personally am working with an old XP computer and a 12 year old camera, and doing just fine.  I know, soon it will probably quit, but until then, it's business as usual.  The tech industry is laughing all the bank, at all those who line up in the middle of the night, to get the latest electronics, just to find out a few weeks later, there are all kinds of  "glitches". 

The best people to ask about the reader, is "Best Buy" if you have a store near you.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

"Why not leave the stone age and just use a card reader to get your pictures? Using a camera company software to "get" your pictures is so windows 98."

Your not reading this right. Card reader is so 2001. I take my pictures. Plug my camera into my laptop and with two clicks my pictures are downloaded. I am not using any company software with Win8.1!!!! I had to with Win10.

Why would I have to go and buy a card reader. Then remove the card from my camera. Insert into reader. Then remove and replace into camera??????

Talk about giving oneself extra work for no reason!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

card reader plugs into the computers usb port.  Take SD card out of camera/phone/tablet and put it in card reader.  Can get one shipped from China for about $1

With new cameras being wifi enabled and phones etc being able to move files to google drive, they will be a thing of the past soon

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You don't need a card reader!!! Virtually every digital camera is it's own card reader. You plug it in via your USB port and turn the camera on. It's that simple. 

The original post is about the problems with Win10 and selling here. Get over the card reader thing!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I expect that the Paypal issue won't be resolved until Paypal decides to fully integrate its labelling to function with Windows 10, which could take a while (just recall how long it took them to get things right after adding Tracked Packet). 

I've sent an email query to Paypal asking when they anticipate being fully functional with Windows 10, and will report here once I get an answer. 

In the meantime, I would advise any sellers who rely on using Paypal labels not to switch to Windows 10 just yet.  

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Toby was just answering my question....thanks Toby.

It doesn't sound as if a card reader would be any easier than what I am doing now which is plugging my camera into a usb port.

I would think that handling a card day in and day out might decrease its longevity...that's just a guess though.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

My apologies to Toby, if I came on a little rough. I was more upset with the other poster. it was meant more for him/her.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

My camera (only 3 years old!) doesn't have the option of plugging it into the computer to move photos so I do have to use a card reader... 

It only takes 3-5 seconds to take the memory card out of my camera and stick it into the card reader slot that's prebuilt in my laptop Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

You can get a card reader for a few dollars just about anywhere....Staples, Best Buy. It plugs into a USB port of your computer. Get the USB plug-in type instead of one with a wire attached.

You slip the SD card out of your camera and into thecard  reader slot. Open Photoshop and away you go....I work right off the SDcard....very starightforward and time-saving....

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

What kind of camera do you have.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

73rhc
Community Member

For those sellers using an alternate method of retrieving there photos. Win10 shouldn't be a problem. For those using the method as I do, check if the camera driver is compatible with Win10. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply