am I permitted to ask person that plans to bid on my items to contact me before they bid on my item?

It has happend too many times in the past few months where someone bid on my items and never paid. Am I permitted to ask anyone that plans to or  bids on my items to first contact me giving me the assurance they will pay? If they do not contact me, have I  the right to cancel their bid? It has become a regular thing that this bid, and not pay has happened. They will not reply when I contact them and I have to open a  NPR case. Can I just cancel the transaction after the four days after no payment and no reply from buyer and to just relist my item without having to pay E-Bay?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: am I permitted to ask person that plans to bid on my items to contact me before they bid on my i

Soooooo......does that mean that I shouldn't mention that the weather here in Puerto Vallarta has been around 29C the last few days? It is cooler today though - cloudy and 23C
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Re: am I permitted to ask person that plans to bid on my items to contact me before they bid on my i

@pjcdn2005 wrote:
Soooooo......does that mean that I shouldn't mention that the weather here in Puerto Vallarta has been around 29C the last few days? It is cooler today though - cloudy and 23C

No, temporary escapees can gloat! Woman LOL

It's just those tiresome permanent residents of Victoria/Vancouver who should have the decency to try to restrain themselves from going on and on and on about double-digit temperatures in February while the rest of us are freezing.  I used to be one of them, so I know all about the temptation to brag about a flower count in February, and such related Canadian oxymorons.   

Uhh, incidentally, 'reallynicestamps', I know you just got there from Ottawa, but, it ain't always camellias and sandals  ~~~~ see attached photos, the first taken in NOVEMBER and the second in, yes, APRIL, at our house in Victoria.  

The rest of us?  We get to brag on and on and on with impunity about our weather bravery.  Temperature of -28 here tonight with wind chill, 50km winds, 50cm of snow expected tomorrow, another 40 between Tuesday and Thursday. 

I guess we got a bit off topic here, didn't we? Smiley Happy

DSCN1859.JPGDSCN3599.JPG

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I've been told that we new Victorians get permission to gloat for the first winter.

Then we have to moan about grey skies and dank gloom.

Even if it means lying in our teeth.

I do miss things about Ottawa. There are no bagels here. (Probably not enough Somalis to bake them). Or Indian groceries. Or actually hardly any people 'of colour', even on the bus. And the ryebread apparently is made like a very dry martini, by keeping the rye flour in the same cupboard as the wheat flour.

Nobody makes sausages like The Butchery in Bell's Corners.

On the other hand, the Chinese supermarket sells haggis. The family seems to have been in Canada for several generations.

But snow? Nope.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I have heard of this place. Read the reviews, try them out, and post your review.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/317/1430907/restaurant/Vancouver-Island/City-of-Victoria/Mount-Royal-Bag...

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I do miss things about Ottawa. There are no bagels here. (Probably not enough Somalis to bake them). Or Indian groceries. [...] And the ryebread apparently is made like a very dry martini, by keeping the rye flour in the same cupboard as the wheat flour.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I can't help you with the sausages, but have you discovered "The Market" yet (on Quadra at View, near London Drugs)?  They also have a store in Millstream Plaza in Langford if you're up that way.  Both stores have a good in-house bakery, including decent bagels if I recall.  Just watch out for the hazelnut chocolate truffle torte, a regular item in their bakery -- I became seriously addicted.  Woman LOL

There you will also find all manner of East Indian, ethnic, and vegetarian products, and they have the best fresh produce in town, bar none, including a lot of organic items.  What you don't see they will usually order if asked.   

There is also of course Lifestyle Market (on Douglas, across from Canadian Tire), mainly for everything vegetarian, but they carry a lot of typical East Indian items.  They also have a top quality organic bulk section, including flour of every kind (if you're into making your own rye bread).  If not, try Wildfire Bakery on Quadra near Pandora -- pricey but heavenly.  

One other great place that took us a few years to discover: in the upper Quadra area, near Thrifty's (Sobey's now?), there is a guy from, I believe Lebanon, with a tiny shop who sells the most divine olive oils, olives, and feta cheese I've ever tasted.  I don't know whether he's still in business, but you could drive into the Thrifty's lot and check. 

The "ethnic" places are there in Victoria, but they're scattered around, not in neighbourhoods like Vancouver, so you have to seek them out.  But that's half the fun of moving to a new place, isn't it?  

Any more tips and secrets you'd like about Victoria -- just ask! 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply