any promotions coming?

Hi Any hints as to promotions? 

Not had any free promos in over a month - or am I being excluded?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: any promotions coming?

Nothing for me either!  

There may not be any for the month of March.  As I said on a previous thread, ebay may be testing to see what a difference having or not having free listings makes on their bottom line.  

I can say one thing if I am not making money neither is ebay.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

havnt hafd any for a couple months so im guessing u may never c them again i got bored  so i opened a store for 20 buck a month big rip off they charge a little less for listings but will soon get rid of that i think people are getting bummed with ebay anticsthey are goin to the dogs way to much fvf on here cant make a profit any more ,the charge on mailing kills you,10 or 12 per cent the pay pal fees the fees fees fees after a sale of say 1oo bucks u get 60, to greedy

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I agree!  Have not seen a promo in close to two months (other than the 50 free listings we get every month), therefore I have not listed anything else.  Fees have gotten way too high for the returns.  They should eliminate listing fees and make their profits on FVF.  They make a chit load on fees for virtually doing nothing other than running the site.  I have been with ebay for several years and sales have been at a decline ... not what it used to be!  Its become a garage sale!

If I can't list for free, I don't make money and THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY on my FVFs.  It's that simple. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

You are not alone. There have been no 'free' listing promos of note for the past few months.

Speculation: ebay wants to clear out some of the chaff from all the freebie listings around the holidays. Or, with the Spring Seller Update coming, there may be movement around listing allotments and fees, perhaps store subscriptions. (Personally, I would love to see a new level created between Premium and Anchor that works for me.)

After balking at paying 10 cents each (as per my store subscription) for relisted listings in February, I have come to terms with it in March. The money for listing fees will be deducted from what I would otherwise spend on International Site Visibility. I have a comfort level with X amount of fees to paypal/ebay per month and try very hard (FVF aside) to stay within that budgeted amount. The amount I have in monthly sales doesn't change that much unless something remarkable happens. 

Remember, if you are motivated to do so, you have your free allotment on ebay.com as well as ebay.ca. I don't use mine, however, because I am loyal to listing items in CAD and I am fond of calculated shipping, neither of which are available on ebay.com.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Nothing has happened for many months now. eBay promises they are coming sometime in the future. I have been selling on eBay for over 14 years. I rely on the promotions to relist over 800 items. I always sell items daily or weekly. I have not sold anything for weeks now. And all my listings ran out awhile ago. I will not relist as it is too expensive. And a store doesn't work for me. I also don't feel like buying on eBay lately. So eBay has lost me as a seller & a buyer. Not sure how that benefits them.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@orphanitems wrote:

I heard the Yanks received a 1000 free listings a few weeks ago on the boards.  Why has  ebay once again forsaken the Canadians?   I have been using my Vendio store free listings check them out and open your own no charge listings, unlimited, can use your paypal for payments.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I just got a promo offer - dotCA only - that won't help me at all.

"Get a 50% discount on final value fees for your 1st 5 listings made before offer end date."

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@postit4you wrote:

@orphanitems wrote:

I heard the Yanks received a 1000 free listings a few weeks ago on the boards.  Why has  ebay once again forsaken the Canadians?   I have been using my Vendio store free listings check them out and open your own no charge listings, unlimited, can use your paypal for payments.

That promo of March 9-14 for 1,000 free listings was available to both eBay.com USA and eBay.ca Canada. But it was invitation only and was sent out to very few sellers on both sites. ricarmic and sylviebee both got this one if I recall correctly.

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/New-promo-on-eBay-com-forums-March-9-14-1000-free-Auction...

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I got that one too.

Seriously eBay.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply