appropriate feedback left but ebay removed it!!!

how am i to trust the feedback of sellers when ebay removes appropriate neg feeback left for them. when my husband asked for a  refund  as the wrong item was sent ebay sided with the seller & then also removed the neg feedback for the seller. his account is small & the seller's is large but feedback should not be tampered with. The feedback was not nasty - just stated the facts!!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

when my husband asked for a  refund  as the wrong item was sent ebay sided with the seller & then also removed the neg feedback for the seller.

Was there a Dispute opened? In many cases, after a Dispute is ended, especially if the decision is not an amiable one between the buyer and seller, all feedback is removed.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

"just stated the facts!!!!"

Did the feedback mentioned that a claim had been made with PayPal or the amount had been refunded by eBay/PayPal or any similar words?  Feedback removal policy allows the removal of negative feedback making such statements.

From eBay's official policies:

This type of Feedback comment may be removed:

• Feedback containing personally identifying information about another member, such as a member's address, phone number, email address, or real name. We may also remove Feedback that can be used to obtain personally identifying information about another member, such as a shipment tracking number.

• Feedback not related to a sale, including a comment, reply, or follow-up related to a different sale.

• Feedback containing political, religious, social, or other commentary, rather than genuine comments about a sale.

• Feedback containing language that is profane, vulgar, obscene, or racist, as well as comments containing adult material or physical threats.

• Negative Feedback comments that directly contradict a positive rating. (When the comment is posted by the seller. This type of contradictory comment is not removable when left by the buyer.)

• Feedback containing links or promotional language which encourages buyers to purchase outside of eBay.

• Feedback that includes references to law enforcement investigations or eBay or PayPal investigations.

For more information, please take a look at: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html 

including all links on that page.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

We weren't allowed to open a paypal dispute as it had already been decided by Ebay through buyer protection. What a joke!!! My husband hasn't used his account much but this seller is a power seller. Guess that is most important. Whoever makes ebay the most money wins!!! We took pictures of the motorhome cover after we put it on the motorhome (took all morning) & it SO obviously did not fit. Not sure what else someone has to do?!! We are out a fair bit of money but we want others to beware!

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I've had a similar situation.

I don't leave NFB but I have had FB removed along with DSR ratings when the ratings were honest and fair but not to the seller's liking.

I want to say this gently because there is no way to prove it, but many times I've had a sense there is a bias by EBay's American customer service reps towards protecting their own.

I've experienced this several times.  They are likely not even aware of it, but I sure am.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You said you are out of money, does it means that you did return the item to the seller?  If not, why say you are out of money?  Curious.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

We weren't allowed to open a paypal dispute as it had already been decided by Ebay through buyer protection.

Perhaps because eBay owns Paypal, posters tend to be sloppy about specifying who is mediating disputes.

Did you open a Not As Described dispute with eBay? It seems so.

when my husband asked for a  refund  as the wrong item was sent ebay sided with the seller

If you do not return the item, eBay and Paypal (and even your credit card customer service) will normally refuse to refund. The principle is that you cannot have both the item and the money.

And yes, eBay/PP will not refund the cost of returning and will insist that you use a service with Confirmation of Delivery.

Boardies often use the example of buying from WalMart (although Sears Catalogue might be a better example). If you are not happy with your purchase from that business, you can return the item and get your money back, but WM will not pay your bus fare or parking fees or your time for doing the return. In mail order, postage costs are your busfare/parking.

& then also removed the neg feedback for the seller.

This has been addressed.

Probably the wrong time of year, but come Spring you can list the motorhome cover (which I picture as a giant tea cosy with a woolie bobble on top) for resale on eBay ( or on CL or KJJ) . This may recoup your costs and may even give you a profit.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I suppose if I go buy a motorhome to fit the cover I won't be out anything?

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Much cheaper, cut some poles and you have a tent and a motorhome. 🙂

Message 9 of 9
latest reply