bubble jet envelopes

does anyone have a good lead for buying the envelopes really cheap?

located near toronto

thx

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

bubble jet envelopes

Dollarama. works out to 47 cents each after tax here in Manitoba.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

I used to buy at The Dollar Store but prices have gone up steadily and now it's a misnomer to call it the Dollar Store.

Staples has a special on now.  Yesterday I ordered a box of 250 6X10 bubble mailers.  These are the nice plastic kind which are very light and flexible which are usually more expensive.

The cost is $68. for 250  6X10 envelopes.  ($77 after taxes in Ontario).

That works out to about 27 cents each.    (31 cents after taxes)

I think that would be hard to beat.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

I've so far used ULine, partly because I have "special needs" for my envelopes, I need white bubble envelopes that are paper covered, because I put stamps on the envelope (the olden days lickable ones) and my stamp collecting customers want to soak them off, so white is very much better.

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

xeposter
Community Member

@stephburch wrote:

does anyone have a good lead for buying the envelopes really cheap?

located near toronto

thx

I've always bought mine on eBay in bulk - in the end I spend $.49 USD or less on each one.

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

bubble jet envelopes

Hi, I have been buying my bubble wrap envelopes from an American seller on eBay (threerb).   I get 250 6x10" envelopes for about $30.95US + Shipping $14.47US + Import $5.55US.  Total works out to under $70.00CD.  That is about $0.28CD each envelope. I think it is a pretty good deal.

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

An even cheaper option is to buy poly envelopes and a roll of bubble wrap or 1/16" foam wrap on a roll. Wrap the item in the bubble wrap or foam wrap and mail it inside a poly mailer. 

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

@dustmite007 wrote:

Hi, I have been buying my bubble wrap envelopes from an American seller on eBay (threerb).   I get 250 6x10" envelopes for about $30.95US + Shipping $14.47US + Import $5.55US.  Total works out to under $70.00CD.  That is about $0.28CD each envelope. I think it is a pretty good deal.

Since you are in the Vancouver area, did you ever look at in Burnaby Canada Mailers.

http://www.canadamailers.ca/index.php

http://www.canadamailers.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=52

Kraft Bubble Envelopes 6x10 $49.87 + 5.98 (12% tax) = $55.85 250 envelopes

Cost per envelope $0.2234 CAD.

That is local pickup from the warehouse in Burnaby but the website says they use Canada Post if shipped. $70 your current - $55.85 leaves $14.15 for shipping locally but cost should be under $10 by Expedited Parcel. Save $5 even by mail.

Poly Bubble Envelopes  6x10 is $55.87 + tax.

http://www.canadamailers.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=14

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

tobyshitzu
Community Member

if you can pickup in the GTA check out chitchat http://chitchatsexpress.com/supplies-envelopes-and-bubble-mailers/

I never have being Im not in the GTA, and have uline deliver.  Doubt you'll find better price then chitchat has listed  Whish there was somewhere local I could get this

#02506″ x 10″$32.00
Message 10 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

Thanks for the info. Checked their site & shipping is $17.50 to Vancouver. I would save if I picked up locally.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

@toby**bleep**zu wrote:

if you can pickup in the GTA check out chitchat http://chitchatsexpress.com/supplies-envelopes-and-bubble-mailers/

I never have being Im not in the GTA, and have uline deliver.  Doubt you'll find better price then chitchat has listed  Whish there was somewhere local I could get this

#02506″ x 10″$32.00

Yeah chitchat is probably the cheapest and easiest. If you want to pick-up from their downtown location you should call first because they have limited quantities on hand. Markham & Mississauga locations are larger and probably have more in stock.

I used to buy from Uline when they had a sale (otherwise not a great deal) and as for Dollar stores or Wally World, good if you just need a handful but compared to case lots they are poor quality and expensive.

ChitChat carry both paper and poly versions.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 12 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

Ahhh.  Now I want to return my Staples order.  (just kidding)

But does ChitChat ship or is it pickup only?

Just can't see/find a place or how to order.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

j44b
Community Member

Hi,

Costco.ca is where I buy mine.Shipping is included in price they show online. They normally don't stock in store [Kelowna] they may in larger hubs.

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

Pretty sure Chit Chats is just set for pick up, not delivery.

Somewhat ironic though for a delivery company.  🙂

Message 15 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

@dustmite007 wrote:

Thanks for the info. Checked their site & shipping is $17.50 to Vancouver. I would save if I picked up locally.

Since Canadian Mailers has a good price maybe you can buy two lots of 250. Or have two sizes, 6x10 and a smaller size for smaller items to save money. Buying more than one lot would make the trip a better deal.

Also check out other things they offer if you make a trip.

I would also suggest seeing if you can check out the mailers before purchasing to make sure the quality is as good as your current supplier. Their web site claims to be better than others but you never know.

I never used Canadian Mailers but read about them in these forums and kept the link.

Message 16 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

@sylviebee wrote:

Ahhh.  Now I want to return my Staples order.  (just kidding)

But does ChitChat ship or is it pickup only?

Just can't see/find a place or how to order.

Pick-up only!

They are not in the packaging supply business, they carry them as a perk for the people who ship through them.

You can get better pricing elsewhere if you want to buy big quantities (trailer loads!).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

Thank You.

Message 18 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@dustmite007 wrote:

Since Canadian Mailers has a good price maybe you can buy two lots of 250. Or have two sizes, 6x10 and a smaller size for smaller items to save money. Buying more than one lot would make the trip a better deal.

Also check out other things they offer if you make a trip.

I would also suggest seeing if you can check out the mailers before purchasing to make sure the quality is as good as your current supplier. Their web site claims to be better than others but you never know.

I never used Canadian Mailers but read about them in these forums and kept the link.

I used Canadian Mailers and was happy with the quality of their supplies. Their poly bubble mailers are a tad thinner than the Uline ones which is good when you are mailing something close to the 2cm limit.

Message 19 of 39
latest reply

bubble jet envelopes

I've noticed several posters mentioning U-line which makes me wonder if it's better than Staples is price-wise?

I just bought a box of 250 6X10 bubble mailers from Stapes and it worked out to 31 cents each after taxes with free shipping.

However, they were on sale and I need larger mailers as well.

These are the plastic envelopes (strong, light, and waterproof) which work well for overseas shipments and can hold more than paper mailers as they're more flexible.  

Does U-Line have better deals than Staples does.

Message 20 of 39
latest reply