customer has bid and paid and now wants to cancel order. How do I proceed

Should I refund her money and then go to resolution centre to get my fees back, or should I wait to refund the money until the case is resolved.  Customer has not given a reason as to why she wants to cancel, thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the customer seems sane and calm, tell her you will be refunding and ask her to agree to a Mutual Cancellation which will free both of your from the transaction.

Then refund her, and open the MC. She can either agree immediately, in which case leave friendly feedback to encourage the same. Or she may not bother, in which case the MC will close on its own. I wouldn\'t leave feedback in that case. You will get your fees in any case.

If she seems "off" , refund, because you won't have a good result if you don't, put her on your Blocked Bidder List and write off the fees.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@lindaloug624 wrote:

Should I refund her money and then go to resolution centre to get my fees back, or should I wait to refund the money until the case is resolved.  Customer has not given a reason as to why she wants to cancel, thanks

Hi

Here's a Help page that'll hopefully come in handy.

Thanks,

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If the customer seems sane and calm, tell her you will be refunding and ask her to agree to a Mutual Cancellation which will free both of your from the transaction.

Then refund her, and open the MC. She can either agree immediately, in which case leave friendly feedback to encourage the same. Or she may not bother, in which case the MC will close on its own. I wouldn\'t leave feedback in that case. You will get your fees in any case.

If she seems "off" , refund, because you won't have a good result if you don't, put her on your Blocked Bidder List and write off the fees.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply