eBay Promotion Offers Half-Off Commission Fees

By Invitation only (I have not been invited)

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m04/i28/s01

By Ina Steiner
EcommerceBytes.com
April 28, 2014

eBay is running a free-listing promotion with a twist: it also gives sellers half-off of commission fees. Sellers can list up to 50,000 auction or fixed-price listings per month during the promotion period and pay no insertion fees and only 50% of normal Final Value Fees.

The promotion kicked off in April and runs through the end of June - however, it's by invitation only..

==============================================================================

Has anyone here (Canadian) been invited?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Not yet but I am keeping my fingers crossed, I don't normally seem to be in the first wave of invitees anyway....

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

No me, but I rarely get an email, it just appears in my eBay page, but it's not there.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

It hasn't shown up anywhere for me yet, but then it seems most of them don't appear until a day or two into the actual promotion.  I'd love to be able to get in on this one!

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Tribe... usually my email shows up a couple days after it shows on my eBay page.....normally I've already accepted days before I got the message.....
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

nopeMan Sad

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Not me.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Me neither. Maybe it's just for the US?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to eBay!!  By Invitation only?  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

It should be available to ALL sellers!!  Duh to eBay!

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems for USA only as I got free listings (didn't say by invtation only) for up to 6,000 fixed price auction starting today until May 4 and I just listed over 600 on com but cannot list anything on ca.  I am a Canadian buyer and want to relist lots of items on eBay.ca but no go.  Why only USA or is it a glitch?  Anyone knew??

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read the information about another free listings promo starting April 29 to May 4, it seems it is available to com only and by invitation only.  Can't understand why eBay started this unfair treatment to Canada sellers twice in a row??  GRRRRRRRR to eBay.

Kalvin, you knew why only to com site not ca site???

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

The new promo work on dot ca actually. Mine is work.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

"another free listings promo starting April 29 to May 4, it seems it is available to com only and by invitation only. "

The new promotion is by invitation only as has been the norm for about a year on eBay.

It is open to both eBay.com and eBay.ca

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pierre, are you SO SURE it is available on ca??  I tried so many times no luck!!  I will wait and see when my 500/500 ends and see if I get that free listing promo.  It works on com which I was able to list over 600 items but not on ca!! So are you SO SURE?????

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

"are you SO SURE it is available on ca??"

The original post refers to half-off commission promotion

As stated earlier, I do NOT think it is.  I have not heard of one Canadian being invited to that promotion.

Later posts refer to the new 1,000 free listings daily. As shown in another thread (so many promotions that the threads are getting confusing)  That new (current) promotion is on both eBay.ca and eBay.com (read details of the promotion). 

However., some Canadians are not getting free listings for listings on eBay.ca - please see the discussion earlier today on the Weekly Board Hour.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

The new (current) promotion:

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2014/0429/1000ADay.html

This Promotion will begin on Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at 00:00:01 PT (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Sunday, May 4, 2014, at 23:59:59 PT (11:59PM plus 59 seconds), for listings on www.ebay.com.

For listings on www.ebay.ca, the Promotion will begin on Tuesday, April 29, 2014, at 00:00:01 ET (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Sunday, May 4, 2014, at 23:59:59 ET (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the "Promotion Period").

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Weekly Board Hour today (April 30):

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Board-Hour-Session/April-30th-2014-Weekly-Board-Hour/m-p/229380#U...

Read posts 4 and 10 on the subject.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we go again!!  "By invitation only"!!  Oh how I hate those wording!!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR to eBay!!

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Why?  Did you not get invited?

Message 19 of 19
latest reply