eBay Sellers Being Told They Must Accept Returns

There's a report that eBay Customer Service Reps are telling sellers they must accept
returns, counter to eBay's Fall Seller Update announcement.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m09/i23/s03

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: eBay Sellers Being Told They Must Accept Returns

@old.crows.nest wrote:

It took some time digging through their post for ones they started but I found this Topic on the Buyer Forum. This might be one of the items alluded to?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Question-for-Afantiques-or-Someone-Who-Understands-UK-Post...

Well, you could very well be right, but I'm far too busy to spend time trying to research the origins and background details of the generalized complaints by someone who isn't willing to come back and actually state what was involved. 

Maybe we can all have a meaningful discussion other than "all sellers are the problem" if we actually know specifically what the problem was that this buyer encountered.  Making blanket statements isn't helpful or insightful for anyone.

Message 41 of 54
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

@old.crows.nest wrote:

It took some time digging through their post for ones they started but I found this Topic on the Buyer Forum. This might be one of the items alluded to?

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Question-for-Afantiques-or-Someone-Who-Understands-UK-Post...

Well, you could very well be right, but I'm far too busy to spend time trying to research the origins and background details of the generalized complaints by someone who isn't willing to come back and actually state what was involved. 

Maybe we can all have a meaningful discussion other than "all sellers are the problem" if we actually know specifically what the problem was that this buyer encountered.  Making blanket statements isn't helpful or insightful for anyone.

I actually was not expecting to find anything. Seems to me it used to be much faster and easier to find posts started by a Member.

imageelf
Message 42 of 54
latest reply

I get seriously tired of typing the same stuff over and over when asked the same questions again and again.

The point is that when a case for a return is escalated to eBay's attention they do not "always" find for the buyer............. and in my cases the items were clearly Not as Described.

Message 43 of 54
latest reply

@holdmygold2 wrote:

I get seriously tired of typing the same stuff over and over when asked the same questions again and again.

The point is that when a case for a return is escalated to eBay's attention they do not "always" find for the buyer............. and in my cases the items were clearly Not as Described.

By deliberately making loaded comments you create these situations. You also encourage people to assume that you followed all the protocols Buyers are required to and that you were victimized because ebay arbitrarily ruled against you. That other post shows that is not the case in at least one situation.

imageelf
Message 44 of 54
latest reply

The other post shows what exactly?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

In any case, what you conclude is up to you but I have nothing to defend so please refrain from going on the attack.

Message 45 of 54
latest reply

@holdmygold2 wrote:

The other post shows what exactly?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

In any case, what you conclude is up to you but I have nothing to defend so please refrain from going on the attack.

I guess it is since I only have limited access to any facts, even though those fats have been requested. The other Topic:

imageelf
Message 46 of 54
latest reply

What about it?

Message 47 of 54
latest reply

@holdmygold2 wrote:

What about it?

Shows you wanted at least a partial refund without going through the claims process. Did you ever file a case? Was this one of the Refunds you were granted on appeal?

It is your evasiveness that has my attention. It is no different in appearance to that of the Buyer I just had to deal with. They also went to great lengths to not file a claim of INR when there would have been no cost to them whatsoever for doing so.

imageelf
Message 48 of 54
latest reply

ON THE ONE HAND SELLERS KEEP POINTING OUT THAT BUYERS SHOULDN'T OPEN CASES.

They ask that buyers use the "other" option when asking questions or use the paypal address on the receipt when contacting sellers.

ON THE OTHER HAND, WHEN YOU DO THAT (AS A FAVOUR TO  SELLER(S)), THEY ARE SUSPICIOUS ABOUT WHY YOU DIDN'T OPEN A CASE.

Sorry for the capitals, but that is precisely what you're attacking me for now.

There is NO BENEFIT to buyers not to open a case.

It's done as a favour to sellers and no other reason.

BTW......... I no longer do that.  When there's a problem now I go straight to the resolution centre and file a case for exactly the reason(s) you posted.

No wonder it gets frustrating posting here.  Can't win.  Tired of the attack(s).

Message 49 of 54
latest reply

@holdmygold2 wrote:

ON THE ONE HAND SELLERS KEEP POINTING OUT THAT BUYERS SHOULDN'T OPEN CASES.

They ask that buyers use the "other" option when asking questions or use the paypal address on the receipt when contacting sellers.

ON THE OTHER HAND, WHEN YOU DO THAT (AS A FAVOUR TO  SELLER(S)), THEY ARE SUSPICIOUS ABOUT WHY YOU DIDN'T OPEN A CASE.

Sorry for the capitals, but that is precisely what you're attacking me for now.

There is NO BENEFIT to buyers not to open a case.

It's done as a favour to sellers and no other reason.

BTW......... I no longer do that.  When there's a problem now I go straight to the resolution centre and file a case for exactly the reason(s) you posted.

No wonder it gets frustrating posting here.  Can't win.  Tired of the attack(s).

I am not sure what you are talking about? Or why you feel the need to yell. I was only asking for clarification so I could make sense of how you were wronged. Maybe there is no making sense of it, that is why the evasiveness on your part?

One thing, I am glad that you see the real purpose in using the resolution centre. Since ebay has introduced Defects for Sellers for almost every issue Buyers have with Transactions there is mostly no longer any point in not using it. If a Buyer is dissatisfied the Seller is almost certainly destined suffer regardless of how or whether the complaint is legit or not.

Which brings us back to the subject of this Topic; Forced Returns.

Forced Return => Refund => Defect

Cannot wait to see how Sellers are going to Refund when a return happens after 60 days.

imageelf
Message 50 of 54
latest reply

What evasiveness?  

Others will disagree with you about advising buyers to always go through the resolution centre when there's a problem but I've come to see things your way.

Message 51 of 54
latest reply

@holdmygold2 wrote:

What evasiveness?  

Others will disagree with you about advising buyers to always go through the resolution centre when there's a problem but I've come to see things your way.

What evasiveness?  

As I see it you make provocative comments that seem solely intended to vent your frustration. Your intention might be to garner support though acknowledgement but the other side is that you are also inviting people to engage in dialogue with you regarding the matter you have brought up. The perception on my part of evasiveness comes from your unwillingness to divulge enough that is helpful in understanding the history behind the situations. As a critical thinker I find my self unable to fully reconcile the limited information being provided with what I know of ebay procedures.

You might have thought you were doing the Sellers you dealt with a favour by using "other" as a way to contact them about an issue but in this era where ebay is trying to close all those doors of civil interaction by making it impossible for Sellers to not receive a Defect, the behaviour might be seen as suspect by some Sellers. As is par for the course ebay does not make it readily known that they have made changes which have potentially no other outcome than to create animosity between Buyers and Sellers, making for a hostile environment for all.

imageelf
Message 52 of 54
latest reply

You are over-thinking this.

Message 53 of 54
latest reply

@holdmygold2 wrote:

You are over-thinking this.

It's what I do, which is why I stopped coming here; to many people wanting acknowledgement just on the face value of their comments. Its not my nature to have to take people on their say-so, just because, regardless of the conflicting or contrary evidence which is visible.

imageelf
Message 54 of 54
latest reply