eBay is a disgrace: Entrepreneur Award Results

Congrats to eBay for officially making me sick to my stomach. Not only does eBay allow crooks to get away with all kinds of crooked practices, but it now has the audacity to REWARD such people with entrepreneurial awards instead of shutting down their accounts. I am referring specifically to one of the winners. (congrats to the rest, you inspire us all!)

This user has made a fortune selling counterfeit batteries (non-brand name replica fakes from China) and selling them as "authentic brands". I base this on the following:
A) It is not humanly possible for her to buy those batteries at those prices (unless they are stolen goods, which they can't be since her supply never dries out.)
B) By her own admission in her "entrepreneurial award application, she routinely goes to China to inspect the merchandise (read paragraph sent in eBay email announcement)
C) Take a look at the negative/neutral feedbacks on the account.

And oh wow, eBay says her projected sales for 2017 are $1 million. $1 million worth of eBay policy violations and robbing unsuspecting customers to come. Is this a joke? Not only should eBay strip her of this award, her eBay account should be shut down, her physical store front should be raided by the RCMP, and every single one of those companies (Samsung, LG etc) should sue her. Shame on eBay. Keep collecting final value fees on crooked money and crooked merchandise, and send me emails to advise me that you're an accessory to fraud.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you seriously believed your accusations then you should be contacting the RCMP or complaining to eBay directly.

-..-

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

And oh wow, eBay says her projected sales for 2017 are $1 million.

I'm not seeing a projection of sales anywhere near the $1 Million mark.

If you take 11,797 feedback and multiple an average price of 7.50CDN you get 88,477.50 a year. They are selling 600+ items on eBay right now..... so I highly doubt their anywhere near a million dollars in yearly sales.   

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This user has made a fortune selling counterfeit batteries (non-brand name replica fakes from China) and selling them as "authentic brands".

None of their listings for batteries state anything other than "Replacement", the Item Specifics call them "Generic/Unbranded", they have pictures of the batteries and none of them show logos other than from the actual manufacturers.

And what's wrong with most of those people who left negs? The seller has a 60 day return policy and THEY pay return shipping.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@silverpinups wrote:

And oh wow, eBay says her projected sales for 2017 are $1 million.

I'm not seeing a projection of sales anywhere near the $1 Million mark.

If you take 11,797 feedback and multiple an average price of 7.50CDN you get 88,477.50 a year. They are selling 600+ items on eBay right now..... so I highly doubt their anywhere near a million dollars in yearly sales.   

Seller has left 40,000 feedbacks in just over a year and the Million Dollars is a projection for 2017 based on current growth rates. 2016 eBay sales are probably more like 250 - 300k. That plus the other sales channels utilized is pretty impressive for a bedroom business less than two years old especially when you consider the brutal competition in that category.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I haven't received an email with results...could someone post a link please.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I wish this News Centre was easier to find. Or that the 'news' made its way into the Announcement page. There's stuff here I'd like to read in a timely fashion. I'll have to bookmark it.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply