if a seller charged 4 times the amount of shipping,,what do i do?

If a seller charged 4 times the amount of shipping,,what do i do? i paid $60us and it cost him $ 18 canadien to ship,,do i report him or not.

thanks for your help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Was the shipping cost listed in the listing.

If so there is no sense complaining now

Time to question it is before you bid.

You as a seller should have a fair idea of

what shipping costs are.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What do you mean? Elaborate please. If you were charged the price listed on the item listing, then you agreed to pay that amount. If you mutually agreed to a price via messenger, purchased and then he invoiced you for a higher price you can try to file a dispute with eBay / PayPal to get the transaction cancelled.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Is it the 5 items you bought from the same seller? The shipping would have been $100. They charged you $60. If the items are as described, leave positive comments with no mention of shipping. Or leave no feedback.

The seller did nothing wrong.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Shipping and Handling

These terms are non-negotiable. If you do not accept these terms, please do not bid. We provide our shipping rates and combined shipping policy up front so that you can make an informed decision about your purchases. There are a number of costs included beyond postage rates involved in packaging and sending these items to our customers. We hope that you will be respectful of these terms.

This item ships from Peterborough, ON

11x14 / 16x20 / 20x24 Photographs

• Shipping will be $19.99 per item IN CANADA
  • Shipping will be $24.99 per item TO USA
  • These items will be shipped in a poster tube
  • Items will ship as a Canada post parcel.
  • Combined shipping is available at a rate of 50% off for each additional item – this works out to $9.99 in Canada $12.49 to USA for each additional item. 
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Shipping is not just postage. There are costs for packaging, for sales taxes, for fuel surcharges, there is even a surcharge for items sent in tubes.

Your seller did discount the total advertised shipping cost. You could, since you are very unhappy about what he charged (although as noted you had effectively agreed to an even higher shipping fee) contact him and politely ask how he plans to remedy your dissatisfaction.

He is not required to discount further. He might.

Politely,--- Captain Malcolm Reynolds.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply