kalvin your question requires a Post Reply button.

Starting with the regularly scheduled monthly seller evaluation on August 20, a new measurement, your transaction defect rate, will replace the current four detailed seller rating requirements used to evaluate your seller performance.

thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

• The defect rate is simply the percentage of a seller's successful transactions that have one or more of the following transaction-related defects, the top predictors that a buyer will leave eBay or buy less:
    • Detailed seller rating of 1, 2 or 3 for item as described
    • Detailed seller rating of 1 for shipping time
    • Negative or neutral feedback
    • Return initiated for a reason that indicates the item was not as described
    • eBay Money Back Guarantee (previously known as eBay Buyer Protection) or PayPal Purchase Protection case opened for an item not received or an item not as described
    • Seller-cancelled transactions

The detested Shipping Time remains.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Femme, I think it's worse than before since we will now get blamed for items being lost in the mail! How can we take the blame for items not being received if we refund immediately? Mail does get stolen and lost occasionally.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

When is eBay going to "get" that buyers rate "delivery" time, not shipping time?  Just reading through my FB I can seem from the comments, although positive, that "delivery" was fast or something along that line, over and over again.  They NEVER say that the seller shipped quickly.  I would prefer that they discontinued this one rather than the shipping cost rating although I didn't like that one either.

I have had recent buyers who tried to send an inquiry about an item that had not yet been received and found that they had opened a dispute without intending to do so.  If eBay is going to hold those cases against us they should make it easier for buyers to ask the question without "accidentally" opening a dispute.

I do not like the classification of "DEFECT".  In this day and age of changing wording to positive rather than negative (e.g. No Exit instead of Dead End), I find that very offensive.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply