paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
Hi all want your advice, as of late i am recieving a number of complaints with buyers not recieving thier packages. and of course paypal does thier horrible job of protecting the buyer rather then the seller. these complaints have been coming more often, and it seems to be more of people with with lower #'s with feedback, which of course has me thinking they are basically frauding the situation. With insurance from canada post in canada is just a dollar so i add that myself to all items to cover me there, but to rest of the world its 12.00 they want to charge me(international rates), and every buyer that i have had does not want to pay that for a card that may cost a 50cents- to 50 dollars depending on its price which i understand. I have been thinking of making my ship charge to US to 12.00 just to cover myself, but if i do that i will loose alot of maybe all my US buisness. i clearly state no refunds, on lost or damaged mail in all my items whether store or auction unless insurance is purchased. Is there a cheaper way they are not telling me at Canada Post, or another shipping method as cards way pretty much nothing. Cause if this continues i will be shutting down my ebay/paypal account as its not worth it to me, loosing my money even though item is already sent. i have sent paypal a letter about this, i know nothing will come out, but am open to any suggestions that you might have
thanks
jason
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

paypal refund policy

dreamcoll
Community Member
I see you're in Windsor. It would be so much cheaper for you to mail from Detroit. I do all my mailing from Michigan, usually once a week.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
i never thought of that, and then can insure the items out there for 1.35 i think it is. thanks for the tip, do u have any problems crossig the border with that much mail, there are times when i get maybe 20 items a week to send states side
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

thebonnieshop
Community Member
Are you sending your items small packet?
Message 4 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

dreamcoll
Community Member
No, I don't have any problems but I have to fill out a manifest & an invoice for each item. You will be charged $5.00 by US Customs each time you take commercial items over the border to mail or you can get a yearly sticker for $100.00 US.

I often take 15 - 25 items over with me.

You should be able to mail a card with insurance for less than $2.00 from Michigan.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
thebonnieshop small 8x4 bubblemailers, they where hardly nothing and r cost of just normal mail with canada post
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
i mean they are hardly anything in weight
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

Insure your items with a private insurer. Ann

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
Hi Ann wondering if you had any suggestions that are good to deal with and arent to expensive
thanks
jason
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

thebonnieshop
Community Member
I was just wondering because if you send them small packet, you get insurance included.
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
well basic shipping to usa for mine is 76 cents, then add in cost of bubblemailer, and card protection gets to about 2.25, maybe a bit more in total. and i charge 2.50 worldwide with canadian ones i have started to add insurance myself out of my pocket, as its only a buck, but it convors me here in canada
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

Hi Jason,

The most popular for eBayers seems to be DSI:
www.dsiinsurance.com

or
www.upic.com

Ann

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

Just to stick my 2 cents in, always remember that if your customer has paid with Paypal, YOU are responsible regardless of what terms and conditions you put in your auction. If the buyer doesn't insure the full value, doesn't insure at all, makes a claim of non-receipt before the package could have arrived under the best of conditions, it doesn't matter. Paypal will accept their claim. Here is another twist....If you are mailing Canada Post small parcel to US or overseas, or xpresspost to the US/ surface parcel overseas, insurance for loss of theft of up to $100 Canadian is included. You cannot self-insure for breakage unless you actually purchase 3rd party coverage - according to new ebay guidelines.
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
thanks for your side, ya i know just getting really sick of it, about to stop having US purchases and just do canadian and euro, they seem to be thesafest well so far. as for priv insurer, ya got msgd a cpl of them going to look through them this week and see how they seem
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jasonsportscards
Community Member
thank-u Ann
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

paypal refund policy

jakeeangel
Community Member
You cannot self-insure for breakage unless you actually purchase 3rd party coverage - according to new ebay guidelines.

This is new. Got a link to it? Never heard of this before. When did it come out?

Come See What Else We've Got Up For Auction!
Message 16 of 16
latest reply