All Fixed Priced Listings Will Be Good Til Cancelled - on all sites ????

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2019/2/1551194482.html
All Fixed Priced Listings Will Be Good Til Cancelled - on all sites
"From 1 April 2019, we’re taking further steps to simplify the shopping experience across all eBay sites. The only listing duration for all fixed price listings for both Business and Private sellers will be Good ‘Til Cancelled."

So take advantage of a 1000 free listing offer and get clobbered on an unwanted relisting unless you manually end before your full time is up. Just lovely...eBay will make many more sellers unhappy.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: All Fixed Priced Listings Will Be Good Til Cancelled - on all sites ????

Absolutely but they're used to unhappy sellers. Don't you realize, it's all about Ebay! The fees keep going up, the service sucks & now they come up with a new angle to help themselves to even more money. SAME OLD, SAME OLD. I'm beginning to think it's time to bite the bullet & go to etsy. Lots of work to do it but hopefully they appreciate sellers & don't have too many chiefs with nothing better to do.
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Never hurts to have more than one basket.

I notice your Miyake pattern on that site for over $100.

Asking, not sold.

I found sales too slow there in my experiment last year (sewing patterns), and fees were higher than I liked for the number of sales.

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Not happy with this at all.  I prefer to manually relist my own listings  - as I sometimes just take them off and donate them when they are getting to attention.  This is a definite rip-off from EBAY.  

Will have to find another venue if this continues. 

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

I also prefer to relist my listings *myself*. I keep 50 that I list, say, in March, another 50 in April, then I relist the unsold March listings, and on, and on. If they relist automatically, I will loose HALF of my listings unless I end them myself. Wow, thanks for the additional work eBay!

Now I know why the "Good 'til cancelled" is the default when I relist an auction into Fixed Priced.

Message 6 of 26
latest reply

This sucks.  Hope they get a lot of negative feedback and re-think this money grabbing idea.

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Guess I need to find another venue when this comes to pass.  Can't afford to have listings re-listing automatically.  Good til cancelled should be good til cancelled - no need to relist.  No need for EBAY to charge.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I was so excited when I got an e-mail today stating "Correction to the 2019 Early Seller Update: Fixed price listings will be Good ‘Til Cancelled".  I thought eBay finally realized their big mistake & are going to cancel this stupid idea. Then read the e-mail & all it said is that the starting date was wrong & that they will start it in April instead of March. One month reprieve. Now I feel sad again.

Message 9 of 26
latest reply

Keep your eyes open when listing.
Today I noticed the default duration was set at 'Good 'Til Cancelled'.
When creating new listings today, I had to manually select '30 days' from the drop down menu.
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Etsy has its own share of issues. Even there you are forced to keep renewing listings.

Maybe a bunch of us will band together and create a killer platform.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Interesting how the eBay tentative unofficial official announcement recently stated that GTC would start approximately around sometime middle of March to be updated a few days later to change to beginning of April, yet its possible(as folks have now spotted) for old 30 day listings to upgrade to GTC mysteriously automagically as of now(Mar 1)? Hmmmm?? Hey, Hey, Hey it's magic!!!  speak_no_evilsee_no_evilhear_no_evil

Image result for programs get your programs

-Lotz

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

@scottie32 

Can't afford to have listings re-listing automatically.

You currently have 161 listings. That costs you $38.85 if you don't have a Store.

With a Basic Store, those listings would cost you $24.95.

And you could add another 89 without raising your cost.

Actually you could have 1000 listings for $24.95 a month, because a Basic Store gives you 250 Fixed Price and 250 Auction listings each month on dotCA  AND another 250 Fixed Price and 250 Auction listings each month on dotCOM.

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

@retroman_studios wrote:
Etsy has its own share of issues. Even there you are forced to keep renewing listings.

Maybe a bunch of us will band together and create a killer platform.

Actually, the above statement is incorrect. Within the listing manager a user has the option to enable or disable auto renewals. When diisabled the user receives an emmail notification that the listing is ending soon. The user has the option to manually relist at their leisure. Currently, new or relisted listings run for a period of 4 months provided inventory does not fall to zero during the period.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

So that site has a default GTC, but it only lasts four months?

I found sales too scarce there for the fees I was paying but it may be of interest as a secondary site in some categories.

Message 15 of 26
latest reply

Yup ... it's fun to follow the news ... never a dull moment where ebay is involved. Lol

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

I imagine the number of auction listings will increase.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

So that site has a default GTC, but it only lasts four months?

I found sales too scarce there for the fees I was paying but it may be of interest as a secondary site in some categories.

Sort of. If the auto renew is left enabled then you essentially have a GTC listing format EXCEPT the listings are billed ONCE every 4 months. Cost every listing period is .20 cents. This wrinkle makes for an interesting math problem when trying to compare costs there to costs here.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

For clarity. Provided auto renew is enabled a listing will run indefinitely unless sold out or ended manually. 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@mcrlmn 

The last auction I "attempted" was a vintage novelty item several years ago. Value approx. 20.00 +-.  Started it at a penny.  Sold for a penny. Shipping was 16.00. Buyer gave me grief for the shipping being so high. Go figure! Maybe why I don't use auction format any longer. And anything I personally purchase I use BIN with Best Offer available.

-Lotz

Message 20 of 26
latest reply