2 items been stuck in transit from Ukraine/Russia without updates for over 2 weeks, what do I do?

zai-8956
Community Member

Read a few of these and thought I'd ask.

I've had 2 rather expensive items in transit. Both sellers were good, shipped super fast, and have responded to my messages. The items were updating but haven't seen any updates in over two weeks since the 22nd of June. One item is for $120 and the other is for $500. What should I be doing? Should I start the INR and get my full refunds? Never had this happen before despite it seeming to be a common question. What happens to the seller? This isn't necessarily their fault.

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 items been stuck in transit from Ukraine/Russia without updates for over 2 weeks, what do I do

In the past, I’ve received a couple of packages from Russia and neither of them were tracked once they left Russia. However, the items and shipping were not expensive so I didn’t really expect there to  be tracking and eventually did receive them.   Your situation is on bit different.

I’m not totally  sure what you mean by wanting to know what you will be dealing with so let me know the following doesn’t answer what you want to know.  
When you opened the first item not received case ebay should have given you a date when you could ask them to step in if you and the seller could not work things out.  If you and the seller have agreed that you are willing to wait until a specific date but the item has not come by that date and the seller hasn’t refunded, you can then ask ebay to step in.  You must do that within 21 days from the date when the claim was opened.  Then unless the seller has online delivery confirmation showing that the package was delivered to your location, eBay will force the seller to refund..

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: 2 items been stuck in transit from Ukraine/Russia without updates for over 2 weeks, what do I do

You have up to 30 days after the latest estimated delivery date to open an item not received claim.  Because shipping can be very slow right now, I would wait as long as I could before opening a claim unless there had been some previous 'red flags' with the transactions.  I would probably open a claim around day 28.

What was the estimated delivery date.....I know that some listings do not have one for Canada deliveries.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

One of them had no estimated date although it was expediated priority shipping that I paid nearly $100 CAD for (the russian mail), ebay is allowing me to open up the INR on the 14th, and the others estimated delivery date was Fri, Jun 26 - Wed, Jul 08. (Ukrainian Mail)

both packages last shipment update was

"Russian Post

Prepared for shipment from Russia 22 June 2020, 01:03 104007, Khimki"

and 

"Item has been processed outward office of exchange and already in transit to destination country

03928 KYIV MMPO UKRAINE

21.06.2020 21:49:00"

I've already opened the claim with the one that was due two days ago, and I've messaged the seller of the other. I just want to know what I'm dealing with here.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

In the past, I’ve received a couple of packages from Russia and neither of them were tracked once they left Russia. However, the items and shipping were not expensive so I didn’t really expect there to  be tracking and eventually did receive them.   Your situation is on bit different.

I’m not totally  sure what you mean by wanting to know what you will be dealing with so let me know the following doesn’t answer what you want to know.  
When you opened the first item not received case ebay should have given you a date when you could ask them to step in if you and the seller could not work things out.  If you and the seller have agreed that you are willing to wait until a specific date but the item has not come by that date and the seller hasn’t refunded, you can then ask ebay to step in.  You must do that within 21 days from the date when the claim was opened.  Then unless the seller has online delivery confirmation showing that the package was delivered to your location, eBay will force the seller to refund..

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

That's pretty much the answer I was looking for. Was I going to have a lot of issues getting a refund for my item. 

I notified the seller of the $500 item that if I didn't see an update by the end of next week I'd be applying for a refund and he got fairly upset because a lot of things have been delayed over there, however I'd still rather just have the refund process under way just in case everything goes wrong.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

There is another buyer that just posted their package from Russia started moving through Canada after a long delay...

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Package-From-Russia-to-Canada/td-p/439047/jump-to/first-u...

So customs could be taking a closer look since it's from Ukraine/Russia and likely backlogged.

I have a package sitting in Canada since June 24 and tracking just updated July 20. Still hasn't been delivered.

Jul 20, 2020 6:03pm Canada, Arrived at Facility
Jun 24, 2020 4:21pm Canada, Arrived at destination country airport

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hey! Same here. bought something in russia... its been more than 3 months and it just cleared customs here in canada.

2020-07-21 17:23

Canada, CAYTOA, Processing, Departure from transit office of exchange

2020-07-21 17:22

Canada, CAYTOA, Customs clearance, Released by custom house

2020-07-21 17:20

Canada, CAYTOA, Handed over to customs

2020-07-21 17:20

Canada, CAYTOA, Import of international mail

2020-07-20 21:03

Canada, YYZ, Carrier processing, Delivered

2020-07-20 19:53

Canada, YYZ, Carrier processing, Transport leg completed

2020-07-20 17:01

Poland, WAW, Carrier processing, Uplifted

2020-07-20 08:54

Poland, WAW, Carrier processing, Assigned to load plan

2020-07-13 16:22

Poland, WAW, Carrier processing, Uplifted

2020-07-13 13:24

Poland, WAW, Carrier processing, Received

2020-07-13 13:24

Poland, WAW, Carrier processing, Assigned to load plan

2020-04-21 18:38

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg-Pulkovo AOPP 190970, Export of international mail

2020-04-21 18:36

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg-Pulkovo AOPP 190970, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-18 14:39

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg-Pulkovo MMPO EMS 190974, Customs clearance, Released by custom house

2020-04-18 14:38

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg-Pulkovo MMPO EMS 190974, Handed over to customs

2020-04-18 10:53

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg-Pulkovo MMPO EMS 190974, Processing, Arrival at transit office of exchange

2020-04-18 10:49

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg-Pulkovo MMPO 190975, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-18 00:49

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg-Pulkovo AOPP 190970, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-17 21:37

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg ASC 200960, Processing, Departure from inward office of exchange

2020-04-17 13:29

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg ASC 200960, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange

2020-04-17 08:12

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg 267 195267, Processing, Departed from origin facility

2020-04-16 14:21

Russian Federation, Sankt-Peterburg 267 195267, Acceptance, Single

It cleared customs on thursday, since then nothing... and nothing on the canada post tracking page. (It will probably not being tracked anymore.)

It is now in Toronto. I live in Montreal, pretty sure it will take another 2-3 weeks before it gets to my house.

Be really really patient. that's all i can say....

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

If you decide to go with the Claim and get a refund, but later the package arrives, you can use Paypal's Send Money service to return the refund to your seller overseas.

That there is a tracking number that was working up to a point, is an arguement in your seller's favour at this point.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I'm dealing with this right now and it's insane. It's been almost 3 months.....I know it's not the seller but it doesn't stop me from having massive doubts as this is not normal. At this point too late to get refund from the catawiki site I bought on. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 10 of 10
latest reply