A way to determine if shipping method is available (during covid19)

mik3ca
Community Member

I've been browsing listings on ebay and shortly before the virus began, I ordered a product from near china, paid the seller told me the border wouldn't allow the item to go through and the seller believed it was because of covid19. Luckily I cancelled the item and got a refund.

Rather than go through this merry-go-round again, is there a way I could know without contacting the seller if the parcel can still be sent though the couriers chosen by the seller? Most listings have only one shipping option.

I ask this because I live in Canada and normally use Canada post for receiving but now they aren't accepting parcels from some overseas regions.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

A way to determine if shipping method is available (during covid19)

@mik3ca wrote:

I've been browsing listings on ebay and shortly before the virus began, I ordered a product from near china, paid the seller told me the border wouldn't allow the item to go through and the seller believed it was because of covid19. ...

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/our-company/news-and-media/service-alerts.page

This page has a list of countries Canada Post is not shipping to (and will probably match up to post offices in countries that do not ship to Canada at this time).

You can also do an internet search to see what restrictions a post office in the sending country has in place. 

Some examples:

* Japan Post stopped shipping to over 150 countries this month (although they are still accepting any mail arriving). USA is still good, and perhaps Canada (my PDF viewer doesn't like viewing the entire list in Japanese).

* Australia Post has stopped some of the cheaper mail services for sending to Canada. And is suggesting parcels send to Canada will have delivery delays of 4-6 weeks.

If not post office, you can also see what the courier website has to say about covid-19 delays.

-..-

Message 2 of 2
latest reply