Another Intelcom Express Compaint

fatfairy
Community Member

eBay, please reconsider the use of Intelcom Express as a 3rd party delivery company.

After waiting a month for an item I purchased to be delivered, today I received an email from Intelcom express letting me know that they had successfully delivered my item.

They did not.

I have been home all day and there have been other items delivered without issue. Attached to the email from Intelcom was "proof" of signature which was a scribble of "N/A".  I called Intelcom and spent over an hour on hold only to give up in frustration. I sent Intelcom a message indicating my displeasure and reviewing other complaints involving Intelcom, it appears that my experience wasn't an isolated event. Even the signature of "N/A" (see attached image of the actual "signature" proof I received) was reported by several people. I've had to resort to filling out a refund request which I also take exception towards as it was not the vendors fault that the item has disappeared. 

I have not had another issue with the delivery of items purchased through eBay. 

Please, eBay, stop using Intelcom Express as a delivery company. Any search for "Intelcom complaints" yields hundreds of complaints similar to mine. I would have thought that you would have the power to make changes to 3rd party companies that you use that cause so much frustration, irritation, disappointment and outirght theft.

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Another Intelcom Express Compaint

I have 7 packages at intelcom right now waiting to be delivered. They have all been there over 2 weeks. **bleep**ing joke of a company **bleep**ing joke
Message 21 of 46
latest reply

Do they have a LOCAL office you can call?  Would it be worthwhile going to that address?

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Do they have a LOCAL office you can call?  Would it be worthwhile going to that address?

@fatfairy 

Intelcom tracking "appears" to be much more reliable/consistent when the river is involved. Complete with updates if things change and confirmations when stuff is delivered. Manually entering tracking for shipments non river very hit or miss to getting up to date info. From my past experience system suddenly is updated after something gets delivered.

-Lotz

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

I also have 8 packages sitting with Intelcom right now and about three more due to arrive to their delivering warehouse any day now.  One of the packages has been in their possession since Dec. 29.  I have never had a problem with them up until about three weeks ago.  In the past every item I received through them was shipped out the day after they received it.  I'm not sure what happened a few weeks ago but it is like dealing with a completely different company all of a sudden.  I tried sending requests through their website three times, never heard a word back from anyone.  Phoned one day and held for 20 minutes only to then be disconnected.  Amazon has already refunded me for two of the items since they are so late but several are from ebay and I am worried that none of them are going to come now.  This morning at 4:19 am they received a package I was expecting from Amazon which was delivered to our house this afternoon.  So I don't understand why all the others they have for weeks now are still sitting in their warehouse.  We have recently installed outdoor security cameras around our whole house so I will know whether or not they actually do come and there is ALWAYS someone home at our house at all times.  It is a very rare occurrence that there would not be someone here particulary when we are expecting any deliveries.  So so frustrating!

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

I am waiting for several packages. The oldest order has been in the Victoria warehouse since Dec. 29. No response of any sort. The warehouse is 10 minutes by car, or two hours on foot, from my house. Intelcom also handles Amazon deliveries in this area, and I suspect that Amazon parcels are given priority status. My only option is to stop buying from American sellers that use Global Shipping, just to ensure that I can get away from the sheer incompetence of Intelcom. And yes, I understand that every delivery service is busy these days ... but we're coming up to three weeks on that one package.

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

Is the package in an Intelcom warehouse or with a freight company such as Canpar?

From what I've seen of Intelcom tracking, the location that's specified in the tracking may not be the actual location of the item.  It may be sitting somewhere other than Victoria waiting to be trucked out by freight before Intelcom takes over delivery locally.

This is just a hypothesis of mine on which I'm currently working, by the way.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

Is the package in an Intelcom warehouse or with a freight company such as Canpar?

From what I've seen of Intelcom tracking, the location that's specified in the tracking may not be the actual location of the item.  It may be sitting somewhere other than Victoria waiting to be trucked out by freight before Intelcom takes over delivery locally.

This is just a hypothesis of mine on which I'm currently working, by the way.

For GSP the only real viable solution appears to be Intelcom. CP has the coast to coast network but not  workable pricing as an add-on for final delivery.  Intelcom is very hit or miss depending on region and network of drivers and this is what causes the stream of reported problems. Between rural deliveries, PO Boxes and porch pirates with no signatures required becauase of covid Canadian buyers who keep seeing the majority of US sellers using GSP are being left hung out to dry.

A system to filter out GSP as I and others have been suggesting for almost 3 years ago would be the best Christmas present ever!! Even if it was belated!!

-Lotz

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

That close?

Have you considered dropping in on them and asking for your package?

It might be amusing and I'd love to hear your report.

They was taking plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
They took twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles
And arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each
One was to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach,
The getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to
Mention the aerial photography.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

A guy on Reddit had a similar complaint, also re the local Intelcom storage facility, for want of a better term. His parcel arrived there on Nov. 26 and he waited almost a month before he posted about his experience, in a very non-ranting fashion. Now he has an update, and it is discouraging. Here goes: "Anyone who stumbles upon this post from the far future, I did finally get the package, only after it has sat in the Victoria office for 51 days. Hopefully you'll have better experiences." Based on that, I will get the first of my packages in four to five weeks. And Intelcom has still not replied to any of my queries.

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

@daveobee wrote:

A guy on Reddit had a similar complaint, also re the local Intelcom storage facility, for want of a better term. His parcel arrived there on Nov. 26 and he waited almost a month before he posted about his experience, in a very non-ranting fashion. Now he has an update, and it is discouraging. Here goes: "Anyone who stumbles upon this post from the far future, I did finally get the package, only after it has sat in the Victoria office for 51 days. Hopefully you'll have better experiences." Based on that, I will get the first of my packages in four to five weeks. And Intelcom has still not replied to any of my queries.

I'm still not convinced that your package is sitting in a Victoria/Saanichton warehouse at this point, and I'm equally unconvinced that the parcel belonging to the "Reddit guy" was anywhere near the CRD for most of those 51 days, if only because of the tracking information from this thread:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-Central/Global-Shipping-Program-is-a-rip-off/m-p/464443

The tracking information from Intelcom makes it appear as though the item was in Baker Creek, a small settlement west of Quesnel, for several days when Intelcom obviously doesn't operate a delivery hub out of there.

I'm kind of wondering if Intelcom fudges the location of "last leg of delivery" scans to make it appear that the item is moving faster than it is.  Until it isn't.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply

Interesting thread re Baker Creek. In any event, my package was delivered today, 20 days after it was allegedly received at the warehouse on Oldfield Road. Still have a couple of other packages there, but the oldest somehow fought its way to freedom.

Message 31 of 46
latest reply

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/48.4333107,-123.31657/intelcom+victoria+bc/@48.5025024,-123.4148839,...

This is Google Maps idea of where Intelcom has its plant.  Brentwood Bay is "not far" from the airport and the ferry, although it is closer to Sydney than Victoria. It's a commercial/light industrial area.

And they are advertising for workers.

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Jobs/Intelcom-Express-Victoria-Jobs-EI_IE1940223.0,16_IL.17,25_IC2279563.ht...

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

cbot55
Community Member
I have yet ANOTHER Intelcom story. The delivery driver arrives and I go outside to meet him. He is furiously searching for packages in the back of his car of which I know four are mine to be delivered today. Finally he finds the packages and text them to my porch to take the delivery photo. I went inside and opened up my first package to find that it was not mine. I looked at the label and it’s addressed to someone else in my city. I happen to have the driver‘s phone number because he called me earlier, as he couldn’t find my house and asked him to come back because he gave me the wrong package. He refused to believe he did such a thing. He says he scans the labels so the label must’ve been wrong. I advise the label is correct, he must’ve scanned my package and put it back down and then handed me another package because of course, my missing package is marked now as delivered. He still refused to believe he would do such a thing and that it must be my sticker on someone else’s package and there’s nothing he “is going to do about it” and hung up on me. Over the next two days I was on hold with customer service at Intelcom for a total of six hours. Finally a representative advised that my package has been scanned back into the system ( of course it has, because it was still in the drivers van as I said it was) and because I opened the other package I get to keep it. Of course, I did not do this I called the lady on the label and she came to get her package from me. My missing package came the next day after waiting all day one more time ( 3 days total As this was still ongoing from my first complaint about attempted deliveries that were never attempted. I am much more happy when I see my package is being delivered by Apple Xpress instead of Intelcom.
Message 33 of 46
latest reply

I’m NEVER using the Global shipping program again until Intelcom in the Surrey, BC, Canada area is removed as a courier company. I’ve been left with no choice. And I’ve made a lot of purchases via the GSP in the past. INTELCOM is a bunch of thieves and liars, with zero customer service skills. Just take 10 seconds to read their online reviews on Yelp/Google etc, it doesn’t take a detective to figure this stuff out. It’s a shame they have been allowed to continue doing business in this manner for so long. Just think, if you’ve already lost me as a customer, someone who makes many purchases from the States, how many others have you lost in the shuffle as well? Plus, the long term damage that is being done to eBay’s reputation for using such a shabby courier company may be irreversible in the future. Get rid of them and I, along with many others I’m sure, will happily come back and resume making purchases via the GSP. It’s a huge problem, do your clients a service and take the time to seriously look into it already!
Message 34 of 46
latest reply

The Global Shipping Program supports deliveries to Canadian post office boxes. Consider getting a FlexDelivery PO Box address from Canada Post and using that on eBay. As Intelcom can’t deliver to a post office box, that should ensure that Canada Post will handle your item in Canada.

Disclaimer: I haven’t tried this scheme myself so I can’t confirm any success with it.
Message 35 of 46
latest reply

I second that. I had a parcel that was "delivered" on April 5 2022 and apparently Intelcom just left the item outside the building I live in. And of course it was stolen...

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

jozabl_32
Community Member
So far it's been a complete nightmare for me I've been waiting for a package from the United States that was sent out over a month ago intelcom says they attempted delivery but couldn't find the address and yet they've dropped off 30 to 40 packages already this month with Canada Post I could go pick it up at the post office if it wasn't delivered I have no idea where my packages goes to if they can't deliver from intelcom I called them they don't have a lot of answers very frustrating I'm still paying the huge rates to get my packages from the global shipping program and I mean they are massive postage rates and now the service is gotten worse!?
Message 37 of 46
latest reply

Totally agree my packages that are coming from United States are taking forever to get here if they get here and then I've had intelcom tell me the attempted delivery and couldn't find my address yet they've delivered many packages this month to my address they're a complete mess at least with Canada Post I could go and pick up my items as they left a card just walk down the street and get it who knows where this stuff is going back to when in Telecom can't find my very visible house
Message 38 of 46
latest reply

mertatasoy
Community Member
Same to me. I have received an email from Intelcom Express saying my package has been delivered and with a signature photo written "NA" but unfortunately there is no package delivered to my place.

I tried to reach Intelcom but they are saying "You must make a claim with the merchant from whom you made your purchase."

Then I opened a case on ebay to ask help on issue but they closed the case because of the seller provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to my address.

This answer from ebay is a complete nonsense and a huge disappointment.

I will not buy one more thing on ebay.
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

Update:

After appealing the decision, ebay reconsidered the issue and decided to refund the money.

They changed the outcome of case because they determined that the item was stolen during delivery.

Message 40 of 46
latest reply