Can't refund/file a dispute for an item that was never received?

I live in Canada and I decided to order a mousepad I found online. It looked to be a cheap knockoff or a really good quality mousepad. The shipper was from China and the seller positivity rating was above 99%. I didn't have an Ebay account at the time so I bought it as a guest user. After payment (via PayPal), I got an email that it was shipped. The seller also sent me an email that it was shipped and provided me with a tracking id. I went to the website and the tracking id worked. The estimated shipping date was around 30 days after payment. I waited those 30 days and noticed the tracking of the shipment never changed. It still said it has left it's starting point and has already been to a city but seemed to disappear after leaving one of the cities. I decided I needed to contact them or file a dispute since I hadn't received the item. The only way to file a dispute was from an Ebay account. I noticed in one of my emails, it said that I could view my order details and create an account using the guest access code provided. I went to the website, typed it in and it brought me to a register page. I created a new account hoping that everything would show up. However, the new account that I had just created was just a blank, new, empty account. It didn't show my recent purchase. I was unable to view my order details and because of that, I was not able to contact the seller or file a dispute. I also cannot file a dispute through PayPal since the package was actually shipped. It just never arrived. I'm kind of at a loss since I cannot actually make an account to file a dispute. If anyone has any help they can offer, please help me out! Thanks 🙂

P.S. I also have the tracking id, transaction id, and any other information anyone may need.

(This account was only created so I could create this forum post and has no tie to the purchase)

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can't refund/file a dispute for an item that was never received?

@matkordyba_0 wrote:

I also cannot file a dispute through PayPal since the package was actually shipped. It just never arrived. I'm kind of at a loss since I cannot actually make an account to file a dispute. If anyone has any help they can offer, please help me out! Thanks 🙂

The item is probably on its way its just that lately items coming from China are taking much MUCH longer than usual.  

Lately it seems to buy as a guest on eBay is a real hassle. This is one area they desperately need to fix.  Every day here there is at least one person with the exact same problem as you.  

Did you pay from your PayPal account?  It sounds like it.  If so then you should be able to find the transaction and use the PP Resolution Center to open a claim for Item Not Received.  You have 180 days from when you paid to do this.  

It doesn't matter that the item appears to have been mailed.  If you do not receive your item you should first try to contact the seller and if that is not possible just go for the claim.  Proof of shipment does not stop a claim.  Only where the tracking indicates "Delivered" to the buyer will a claim be denied.  The reason is because there is nothing to show that YOUR item was mailed to YOU, only that AN item was mailed.  

If you paid with a credit card you can call the card's Customer Service number on your statement and tell them the item didn't arrive, and they will tell you how to proceed with a chargeback.  

Message 2 of 2
latest reply