Ebay Item Destined for Canada 30 Days sitting at global distribution center Redondo Bch California

I wish someone could help. No matter where I call or message, no response. The item is 34 days in transit and has sat in California since June 20th. Tracking number is ESUS20676359 . Even the vendor has agreed to refund but somehow I have to accept the refund. It has two options 1 I have not paid for the item 2 I have paid for the item and have received a refund. Then it asks for the date. WELL.. Yes I have paid for the item but I have NOT received a refund. There is no part there where I confirm refund so it has never shown up on my credit card. So... I want the item. I want to know where it is and why it says that its still in California. USPS took it to the center in California and it “is being processed” really? For 30 days??? Please SOMEBODY, advise...
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Ebay Item Destined for Canada 30 Days sitting at global distribution center Redondo Bch Californ

Wow a lot of helpful info! Thanks so much for all contributions! Sadly, still no luck with either a refund or locating package 🤬
Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Re: Ebay Item Destined for Canada 30 Days sitting at global distribution center Redondo Bch Californ

I did message the seller late last week and he remembered me calling him directly. He said he processed the refund this time. When you buy something the money is out of your credit csrd in one second but I guess days for a refund to go thru.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Well, the CP LX number has to get generated first, that's the problem, starting at the eB GSCenter, where these items are stagnating into shipping limbo hell under our present conditions. Once the CP tracking number gets picked up, at least then you somewhat know it's on its last leg of the journey.
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I'm a bit confused now. I was just informed that there is only one eBay GSP center in the US (ERLANGER, KY 41025), for international (including Canada) shipments. So your package never even made it there yet?
Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Read through this thread, @noguffay0117. This item was not sent through the Global Shipping Program. Instead, it was sent through eBay’s International Standard Delivery service.

The GSP is a forwarding service. All items forwarded through the program get funneled through the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky. ISD is a mail consolidation service. Items get sent to a variety of locations before theoretically entering the international mail stream.

For what it’s worth, there’s now another scan for the OP’s item that reads “to be returned”. I’m guessing that the USPS international sorting center that was earmarked to receive the item from DHL—and hundreds of others in that consolidated shipment—is so backed up that the shipment was eventually turned back.
Message 25 of 25
latest reply