Ebay Item Destined for Canada 30 Days sitting at global distribution center Redondo Bch California

I wish someone could help. No matter where I call or message, no response. The item is 34 days in transit and has sat in California since June 20th. Tracking number is ESUS20676359 . Even the vendor has agreed to refund but somehow I have to accept the refund. It has two options 1 I have not paid for the item 2 I have paid for the item and have received a refund. Then it asks for the date. WELL.. Yes I have paid for the item but I have NOT received a refund. There is no part there where I confirm refund so it has never shown up on my credit card. So... I want the item. I want to know where it is and why it says that its still in California. USPS took it to the center in California and it “is being processed” really? For 30 days??? Please SOMEBODY, advise...
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Ebay Item Destined for Canada 30 Days sitting at global distribution center Redondo Bch California

That length of time is not unusual for the pandemic (especially since Trump's new USPS postmaster is cutting back service).

My last USA purchase, was shipped June 18, tracked until June 21 at the San Francisco International Distribution Center. No tracking after that (USPS First Class Mail International Envelope is not tracked in Canada). Delivered to my mailbox on July 14.

Not sure what to make of your "tracking number" since that is not a valid USPS number (format is usually 2 letters, bunch of numbers, ended with 2 letters).

Not sure what to say about your refund process issue.  tyler@ebay 

-..-

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

If you go to that green ebay tracking Page it is valid. In the web page it mentions DHL ecommerce also. I understand it is all organized by pitney bowes and there could be usps for the first leg of the journey from Utah to california, then maybe dhl ecommerce and then maybe canada post or fedex maybe... i could walk on my butt cheeks faster.
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@impaxmfg 

This is all part of eBay's new International Standard Shipping system. It starts out as a USPS shipment to later gets forwarded to a DHL sort centres. On the main purchases page for your order if you click on the tracking link with the USPS tracking. Attached to that, there is a drop down where your 2nd tracking number was hiding. When it reaches Canada DHL assigns it a new tracking number starting with LX and ending in US. That number you will be able to track at  one of the following:

https://ecommerceportal.dhl.com/track/  

https://www.dhl.com/ca-en/home/tracking/tracking-ecommerce.html?submit=1&tracking-id=

My most recent purchase test using this system went from upper  NY to a USPS sort facility in Cincinnati. They forwarded it to a Consolidation warehouse also in Cincinnati who forwarded it eCommerce Distribution Warehouse in Melrose Park Illinois. From there it was forwarded through a few more points to "Canada" as of the 21st. (Doesn't specify where in Canada.) It is now showing an optimistic delivery date in Calgary for August 11, 2020.  Ahh the joys of spoke and wheel delivery networks!!! Stay tuned.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

What date did eBay give you as the last estimated date for delivery?

Before that date, you cannot open an eBay dispute. After that date you have 30 days to Dispute.

You are also covered by Paypal for 180 days from your payment.

And if you back your PP account with a credit card or if you paid directly with your credit card, you may be able to chargeback your payment.

Has the seller, who seems to be cooperating, refunded you. He can do that without your assistance. He could even I believe cancel the transaction, even at this late date, using Buyer Request as the reason.

If he does that, when the item finally arrives, which eventually it will, you can repay him using Paypal's Send Money service.
Or you can refuse the shipment and eventually it will go back to your seller.

After July 1, if your purchase was manufactured (not sold, made) in the USA, your duty-free allowance rose to $150, but you still would be paying sales taxes if the value is over $40.  Did you pay "import fees" as part of your original payment? If not you will be charged on delivery.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

With this particular service you would be advised prior to delivery of any customs processing charges and duties/taxes. The drivers are not collecting these funds at the door due to Covid 19.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

Well, when the tracking started to look like a train wreck, I asked him to help me with tracking. Suddenly he arranged a refund. I had paid over the phone by credit card. An email message Showed up from ebay saying that the seller had cancelled the order. There was a confirm button which I clicked. Then the web page gave me two choices 1 I have not paid for the item 2 I have paid for the item and have received a refund. Neither applied to my case. I understand that there is 10 days for me to confirm. The money has not shown back up on my credit card. ALSO... I did see a “next tracking number” thing while I was on the ebay tracking website but it said the same exact number. It also mentioned dhl ecommerce i went to the ecommerce website and the number was not recognized
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@impaxmfg 

That's what I am starting to see now too. Conflicting tracking information. One link it shows...The next one I go to it cannot find.  No further updates on mine on the one that will work. My guess is our packages are still in transit. Just taking the longest way home.....Possible. eBay gives the same kind of bizarro info when an order has been cancelled but a customer has not paid. Something to the effect that your customer has been refunded. Streamlining reasons for most eBay situations is cosmetic only. Makes it impossible for a buyer or seller to choose the precise reason.

I would follow up with your credit card to monitor that "refund". Also, refunds with credit cards take several days to process.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

On a make you smile kind of note, the package I recently ordered that is STILL in transit using this Standard International Shipping shows a tentative delivery for mid August, this morning I got an email asking me rate my item. Huhhhhh??? I think eBay fell and landed on their AUTOMATIC!!! I've gotten those requests to leave feedback for buyers that couldn't be bothered to pay. Same difference.

-Lotz

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Wait a minute.

You paid over the phone with a credit card?

To the seller?

Sounds like you were schmoozed into an off-eBay payment.

EBay would have no record of your payment, I think. Can anyone confirm?

Credit cards payments have been processed by Paypal, but most buyers are unaware of that. The seller never sees your financial information. Did you give the Seller your card number?

In this case, there is little likelihood of ever seeing the purchase.  You should be covered by your card's chargeback policy.  Phone the 1-800 on the card (or the last cc bill) and enquire.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

The wording on the cancellation messages is very confusing but normally it isn’t necessary for you to accept the cancellation as the refund is automatic.  However, it sounds like you didn’t pay through eBay checkout but phoned the merchant and paid over the phone?  If that’s the case, the refund wouldn’t be automatic as payment wasn’t done through eBay. 

It’s very possible that the tracking for your item just hasn’t been updated but It has left California and is on it’s way.  I have read about other buyers running into that with this shipping method.  If you don’t receive it, you should be able to file a claim with your credit card company.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

Just a quick note to add to the excellent responses already made here, I've been advising people to try tracking their "ESUS" items on a Pitney Bowes tracking site, but this particular tracking code doesn't appear to work on them.  However, it does work on a tracking page for EasyShip and its partners (I guess that's what the "ES" stands for) and it has some pretty detailed information for your item, although nothing beyond the California Consolidation Center.

http://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/easyship

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I don’t use paypal anymore. The options for making payments other than paypal When in Canada. I have many times used a credit card when purchasing stuff in the US From ebay sellers, and otherwise. Over 67,000 sold items and very high satisfactory ratings tells me all I need to know about this guy. I’m not concerned about The refund so much. Im more concerned about where this thing is. So an update... Glory hallelujah, I finally have someone on messenger from ebay that I tried on Monday. Lets see what she can do!!
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

Yes it is true I called the guy with my credit card number (because he could not accept a mailed check and I go out of my way not to use paypal). I have had incomplete tracking too. It is possible that the package could show up here tomorrow and tracking not updated. The thing is, that sucks for sellers. Heres a guy who could not load his regular shipping program that day So uses the gsp. and now hes on the hotseat for a refund and potentially the refund comes AND the package shows up...
Message 15 of 25
latest reply

Yup, same when I went to the dhl ecommerce tracking (which is listed in the tracking webpage...) also could not recognize the number. There are some serious flaws in this pitneybowes nightmare... the shipping companies switch more often than Carter has pills... (showing my age!) I will be very careful never to use this [slower than turtle speed, wrought with confusion and mixed with non existing customer service of any kind...] GSP again... and of course the hours of my wasted time trying to even figure this mess out...
Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@impaxmfg wrote:

So [the seller] uses the gsp. and now hes on the hotseat for a refund and potentially the refund comes AND the package shows up...

Your seller appears to have used eBay's International Standard Delivery service (sometimes referred to by its original name of "eBay Send"), not the GSP, which is a different animal entirely.  If your seller had used the GSP, he would have only been responsible for getting the item to the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky so he wouldn't be responsible for a refund if the item was accepted there and the tracking dead-ended.

With items sent through the ISD, the item (not including the shipping amount) has up to US$100 in insurance through the program and the seller can collect on that in the event of a successful claim of non-receipt by the buyer.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

. Heres a guy who could not load his regular shipping program that day So uses the gsp. and now hes on the hotseat for a refund

Well, again, no.

Once the item gets to the GSP plant in Kentucky, delivery is no longer the responsibility of the seller.

If he actually sent it to Erlanger KY and the plant, once there he is off the hook.

If he sent it somewhere else, and ignored the GSP address, it remains his responsiblity.

Between the phoned (off-eBay) payment and the possible incorrect shipping, your "experienced" seller put himself in a position of losing any attempt at a Claim.

His actions.

His responsibility.

up to US$100 in insurance through the program and the seller can collect on that

So he is covered against part of his loss.

Thank you for the information.

Since the seller has cancelled the transaction, go to the Customer Service number on the back of your card and ask about a chargeback.

If the parcel ever is delivered, and I have some doubts that it was ever sent, you can phone him again and pay him with your credit card.

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

@impaxmfg 

Followup: Standard Intl

Last update in DHL was that it arrived in somewhere in Canada on the 21st. Apparently, not sure if this is an always. Then it gets handed off to Canadapost(RE: LX### ### ###US  so no further updates in DHL> At this point it becomes an Xpresspost Shipment. The Canadapost website shows it Departing Calgary AM of 23rd and being delivered to my community mailbox this morning on 24th in Calgary.

Total Transit time: 15 Days

Low Value Shipment: Duties/Charges owing = 0.00

-Lotz

The trick may be to locate this LX number to get final tracking details. It was not a straight line to find this information out with my particular order.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@impaxmfg wrote:
Yes it is true I called the guy with my credit card number (because he could not accept a mailed check and I go out of my way not to use paypal). I have had incomplete tracking too. It is possible that the package could show up here tomorrow and tracking not updated. The thing is, that sucks for sellers. Heres a guy who could not load his regular shipping program that day So uses the gsp. and now hes on the hotseat for a refund and potentially the refund comes AND the package shows up...

You might already know this but when you check out using a credit card, it isn't necessary to go through a Paypal account.  Unless the seller is already in Managed Payment, cards do get processed by Paypal but that doesn't involve the buyers PP account at all.

If a seller is in Managed Payments (eventually all sellers will be) then the card gets processed through ebay and Adyen. Paypal isn't involved at all.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply