Emails from followed searches changed recently

Since late last week, the emails I have been receiving for followed searches have changed.

First, my contact preferences are for text-only emails, but the emails I am now receiving are HTML-only. I could deal with this, but...

Second, all the item URLs in the emails go to the eBay site where the item was listed (ie ebay.com, ebay.co.uk), rather than ebay.ca like they used to. This makes it difficult to watch or bid on these links without editing the URL in the browser.

Is anybody else seeing this change?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Emails from followed searches changed recently

To change your contact preferences back to text-only, try this.  

~ Go to the My eBay at the top of the page and click it.  

~ Find the Account tab and click that,

~ Click on Communication Preferences, and find Show all.  

~ At the top under Delivery Options you should be able to find your  PREFERRED EMAIL FORMAT and change it to TEXT-ONLY. 

show all.jpg

When you get a notice, to see it on the Canadian eBay try this.  In the URL bar when you click the listing, just switch the .com or the .co.uk  to .ca  and re-enter it.  

dot ca.jpg

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

My contact preferences were, and still are, set to text-only. I double (and triple) checked that before I first posted here, and I checked again now. As I said in my initial post, I am getting HTML-only emails despite the preferred email format being set to text-only.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

With me, I have mine set to receive email notifications when new items match those searches, but for the last 2+  months I have not received any notifications AT ALL and I know for a fact that for many of them, there indeed have been new matches. I now have been forced to manually do searches to find out if and/or when new matches are listed. Because I have many followed searches, this is a HUGE pain in the butt and time waster. I even went to the trouble of going to my followed searches page, unsubscribing to the email notifications, then signing out of ebay completely, waiting a while, then signing back in to ebay, going back to the followed searches page, and finally resubscribing to the email notifications. This seems to have done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fix the problem. I'm still not receiving those emails even though I know that there ARE new listings that are matches. I continue to miss out on knowing about many of these new listings. Sometimes by the time I find out they have already been sold.  Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply