FEEDBACK

m3399
Community Member

I bought a purse with multiple pockets which was okay outside but the inside lining in each pocket was disgustingly FILTHY. ..I asked for a partial refund to have it cleaned.I got the refun,butI still left negative feedback ,because there were more damages to it and they didn't disclose any of it.

Instead of describing the condition,they ask buyers to zoom to see the condition.

Not everything is visible when zoomed.

My question : WHY DOESN'T MY FEEDBACK show in their rating?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FEEDBACK

1)  You could have returned the item for a full refund with the seller picking up the ship cost to return.

2) You asked for and received a partial refund.

3) After receiving the refund you decided that was not enough and you opted to leave a negative feedback.

4)  The seller seems to have successfully had that feedback removed either for something you said in that feedback or perhaps the eBay customer service rep saw you had asked for and gotten a partial refund and he/she/they decided the seller fulfilled your demands and therefore the negative was deemed removeable.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@m3399 wrote:

I bought a purse with multiple pockets which was okay outside but the inside lining in each pocket was disgustingly FILTHY. ..I asked for a partial refund to have it cleaned.I got the refun,butI still left negative feedback ,because there were more damages to it and they didn't disclose any of it.

Instead of describing the condition,they ask buyers to zoom to see the condition.

Not everything is visible when zoomed.

My question : WHY DOESN'T MY FEEDBACK show in their rating?

@m3399 My question : WHY DOESN'T MY FEEDBACK show in their rating?

A/ Becuase the Seller was able to get the feedback removed...

B/ Feedback has no bearing on the rating of a Seller, and eBay does not use it in the evaluation of a Seller, it is a relic of the last century...

Also, did you leave your negative feedback after getting the partial refund you asked for?!

Yes?

Then, now you know why your feedback was removed...

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

1)  You could have returned the item for a full refund with the seller picking up the ship cost to return.

2) You asked for and received a partial refund.

3) After receiving the refund you decided that was not enough and you opted to leave a negative feedback.

4)  The seller seems to have successfully had that feedback removed either for something you said in that feedback or perhaps the eBay customer service rep saw you had asked for and gotten a partial refund and he/she/they decided the seller fulfilled your demands and therefore the negative was deemed removeable.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I accepted your answer. I just would like to mention,that I took the purse to a cleaner and when they turned all pockets inside out, small holes and more stains became apperant and my intention for leaving negative was just as a warning for other buyers,that they should really ask questions about the condition of the items they intend to buy.The seller plays it safe by just stating that the item is used and buyers should zoom on the pictures to see the condition. 

Unfortunately zooming doesn't shows ALL the damages.

However you're answer was the most acceptable for me 🙂

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

your feedback to a seller is to be comprised of your buyer exeperience with your seller, for that particular item>the transaction between you and that seller and  NOT "for leaving negative was just as a warning for other buyers..."

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I don't know the type of purse you bought but when I list a purse the very last thing on my mind is the lining.  I do offer a quick/short assessment of the lining but it's incidental.

What matters is the outside and I'm very careful to point out all damage to the outside of the bag as used purses are never pristine.  

If the lining of the purse was dirty and without tears you should have been able to deal with that easily without taking it to a dry cleaners.  

As I said: I don't know the type of bag you purchased but if a buyer complained about the lining I'd probably roll my eyes and give the parial refund but leaving NFB seems excessive.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I disagree. The feedback is about the transaction with the seller for that item.  If they didn't describe an item correctly than there is nothing wrong with saying that in feedback.

Perhaps not everyone agrees but if a lining of a bag really is very dirty, the seller should mention that and show pics if possible.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply