GSP Tracking in Canada?

dicol2158
Community Member
Hello, im sure this has been asked many times but previous post that I've seen havent been able to help me out.
My package cleared customs on April 19 and I havent gotten any updates since. I assume its because the gsp tracking number isn't good once it crosses the border. I have been trying to get an updated tracking number or at least find out which carrier has it. Im hoping it isnt CanPar/Loomis as they have a track record of not being able to find my address and just never end up deliver my parcels.
Anyone have any advice? I only have the UPS number to Kentuckey and the GSP number. I cant see anywhere that has another number or which carrier has it.
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

GSP Tracking in Canada?

Another poster worked this out for buyers who have not yet received their GSP shipment.
TRACKING SYSTEM FOR GSP
It's not user friendly... But I found how to track your package via the global shipping program, once it gets to Canada you need to:
- Log on to eBay.ca
- Under the My eBay menu select Purchase History
- Under your orders find the specific order.  It should have something like the following:
        Estimated delivery Mon, Jan 11 - Thu, Jan 21
        Tracking number: Tracking number UPAAB000000#########
- Click on the UPA number.  This should open up a Shipment Details window, which should contain something like this:
     This shipment has been transferred to CPC for delivery to the final destination # 70351#########
-Click on the Canada Post number to see where the Canada Post Tracking history and expected delivery 

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided... 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

GSP Tracking in Canada?

Thanks but I have tried thag before and I dont get any more information on the Pitney Bowes website other than it cleared customs in Toronto
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

GSP Tracking in Canada?

That would be Gateway/Mississauga?

FWIW - there have been a few mentions that Gateway has been so overloaded that they have passed some of their load over to the Stoney Creek /Hamilton facility.

It might also be mentioned that the tracking shows the last place the shipment was, not where it might be now.

What is the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you?
If that has passed you have 30 days to open an Item Not Received  (INR) dispute with eBay.

The prompts are on your original invoice. Check your Purchase History.

If you go this route, be clear that this is a GSP shipment. The seller's responsibility for delivery ended at the Erlanger plant.

GSP is a Seller Protection program and that policy is actually the biggest selling point for US sellers.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

GSP Tracking in Canada?

I am seeing the same thing here with a GSP. Multiple tracking sites and even using PB own site simply show that the item cleared Canada Customs 2 weeks ago. Neither eBay nor Pitney Bowes is of any use and I suspect IntelCom may have my package but without confirmation from eBay or PB I am flying blind. This was a replacement part for a computer repair.

I have had better tracking from AliExpress items using their standard shipping service.

I contacted eBay and got a full refund but that does not replace the part which was hard to find or the time spent looking for it or the lost repair for a customer.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

GSP Tracking in Canada?

marnotom!
Community Member

There have been several posts to the effect that GSP tracking stops after clearing customs only to resume the day before the item is delivered.  My guess is that whoever is handling the item in Canada (most likely Intelcom) doesn't send over its scanning data to Pitney Bowes as regularly as they should, or else there are some technical glitches that affect the transmission of this data.

I used to obsessively track my items until I realized it doesn't really make any difference to when I receive them or what condition they're arrived in.  I now think that we buyers have been oversold on the benefits of tracking to us and in 95% or better of cases, there's no real reason to check on it until just before the first estimated date of delivery.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply