GSP return due to prohibited item

simtiw-31
Community Member
I ordered a doll on June 22nd, and on June 30th I got an email from eBay saying my item is being returned to the seller for being prohibited but I'm confused because how a doll could be prohibited I contacted eBay and they told me it was coming. There has been no update since June 26th and it's suppose to arrive July 15th so I don't know if it's still going to arrive.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member

It sounds as though the seller used the Global Shipping Program to have the doll forwarded to Canada after shipping it to a processing hub in Kentucky.

“Prohibited” doesn’t necessarily mean “illegal” in this case. It could mean that for whatever reason, a carrier used by the Global Shipping Program is unwilling or unable to transport the item to Canada, perhaps because their insurance won’t cover it, perhaps because of the possibility of the doll containing a material that’s not permitted in some countries.

If 15 July is the last estimated date of delivery, the simplest way of proceeding from here is to wait for that date to pass and then file a non-delivery claim through eBay’s Money Back Guarantee program to recover your funds. Let us know if you need help with this.  Some people have received a refund from eBay in situations like this without having to take this step, though.

Sorry you didn't receive your item.  I know that can be frustrating.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
I responded to you on a second thread you created on this subject, although this discussion board is the more appropriate one for your query.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Does the tracking show delivery to Erlanger KY?

The GSP is a Seller Protection program. One of those protections, which we rarely hear about, is that a shipment will be refused at the plant if the packaging is damaged.

So that (plus a fat finger typist) is a possiblity.

If it has not arrived by Friday, open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre. There is a link at the bottom of this page.

State that this is a GSP shipment. Usually GSP is fast to refund. They have a pretty good insurance policy.

If this is not a GSP shipment, was the last recorded location Chicago by any chance? Chicago is a black hole for USPS shipping at the moment.

Still, if you have not received it by the end of the week, go for the refund.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@simtiw-31 

There have been a number of dolls returned lately but I have no idea why.  If the item is being returned to the seller, they should refund you once they have received the item back.  Have you contacted the seller to see if they have received it back yet?

The seller may have used the global shipping program but it's likely that they used the ebay international standard delivery program as that program is  more likely to return prohibited items to the seller. The global shipping program often keeps the item and then refunds rather than having the seller refund you. Either way, if you don't receive the doll, you will get your money back.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I just noticed that the title of your other thread mentions the gsp.  If the gsp is sending back the item to your seller, the seller should refund you the amount of the item and the gsp should refund you the international shipping cost and any import charges.  The gsp refund may take a couple of days later than the seller's refund.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply