Global Shipping

Hey everyone. Looking for some information about global shipping. I purchased an item from the US and last piece of tracking info I have is the order is in transit with the destination carrier. The item left the global shipping centre in Kentucky on May 26. Does anyone know how long it may take now?
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Global Shipping

Also, last date I have for any tracking info was on May 30.
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Since the world has gone sideways, making any sort of call on the transit time of an item—be it forwarded by the GSP or sent by other means—is next to unpredictable. It really seems to depend on what carrier(s) are being used to get the item to Canada and to its final destination as well as the border entry point used.

Have your “UPAA” tracking code for your item handy and look it up on one (or both) of these Pitney Bowes tracking sites:

https://parceltracking.pb.com/

https://tracking.pb.com/

Do you have an option to “track the item on the carrier’s website” below the item’s “progress meter”?
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the info and yes I've tracked it on my account but found it odd there was no new info since May 30.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Okay, but I’m most wondering if there’s an option to track the item on the carrier’s website, not on your “My eBay” or on one of the Pitney Bowes websites. I’m wondering where the item was last scanned and its status at that point.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

PB/GSP uses dozens of carriers until each pallet of shipments gets to Canada, then usually the separated shipments go to Canada Post.

While in the USA, only the PB/GSP number is available.

It is possible that the pallet is being moved in fits and starts by several different carriers.  The UPAA number is consistent.

In any case, the tracking number is not important. It's just a warm fuzzy feeling.

The important number is the last estimated date for delivery that eBay gave you.

Mark that on your calendar.

If your purchase has not arrived by then, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of most eBay pages and open an Item Not Received dispute, including the information that this was shipped under the GSP.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Not odd at all, considering the Covid-19 situation. One of my shipment didn't move between Mai 12th & 31st. It arrived later than the eBay estimated time, but there was no point to make a reclamation about it now. There is no guarranty in shipping these days, and you'd better accept it. Or don't buy on the internet... 😉
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for all the info and I can certainly understand delays. First time using global shipping with Ebay and was just unsure if it was normal to not have any scans since May 30.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@kison1623 wrote:

Thanks for all the info and I can certainly understand delays. First time using global shipping with Ebay and was just unsure if it was normal to not have any scans since May 30.

This is the second GSP-forwarded shipment I've seen in the past few days that appears to have been handled by Ascendia from Kentucky to the Chicago International Shipping Center.  From accounts I've read elsewhere, that shipping hub seems to be a black hole even at the best of times, and there's one claim that right now they're just drowning in backlogged shipments there.

On that page you screenshot, there should be a link near the top with a USPS tracking number on it.  That's supposed to be the tracking number for the shipment leg from Chicago to the Canadian receiving hub, probably Mississauga or Saint-Laurent.  For grins and giggles, you might want to try using that tracking code on both the USPS website and the Canada Post website to get a better sense of whether the item is still in Chicago or sitting somewhere unscanned in Canada.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Yeah I checked the USPS site and it says it was processed in IL on May 30 and tried the Canada post site to and no info.
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Checked the CP site and it says item has left the originating country and is en route to Canada.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

shipment to louisiana, started on may 14, finally arrives on june 8th but no one was there so..

As for GSP, its a joke.. Cash grab.  The rational is its good for international buyers.. from where? sri lanka?   I would dare say most of these buyers couldn't afford to pay rent, nevermind buying from something from North America.

This is the crux.  I don't buy much from ebay due to GSP's fee.  But I do buy from other online retailers and I don't get charged any duties.  Something is fishy here.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@tobey_arih wrote:

shipment to louisiana, started on may 14, finally arrives on june 8th but no one was there

Tropical Storm Cristobal slammed into the Louisiana coast near Grand Isle on Sunday, bringing flooding rain, coastal inundation and strong winds.

Lots of flooding.

-..-

Message 13 of 13
latest reply