Gsp wait times

Just curious to how long packages usually stay in elranger before they ship out to Canada
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Gsp wait times

We really only hear from people who have problems, but it the plant is at all well run, given the huge numbers of packages arriving every day, as a manager I would want a one shift turnaround.

If a shift if eight hours long, I would want every package assessed and shuttled to the right container within eight hours.

Al lthat aside, in over 30 years in mail order, I have learned to allow 20 days for delivery anywhere in North America.

If your item has not arrived by the last estimated date eBay gave you, you have another 30 days to open an Item Not Received dispute in the Resolution Centre.

Was that your actual question?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

When I visited the British GSP depot a couple of years ago the target was one day turnover. It did appear that all but the problem stuff made it.  The US plant had the same general manager, and possibly the same targets.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thank you I was just curious I place an order on the 13 and the package has been there since 15th going on 3 days and was worried but if package is not received by the 26 and will place a claim if it comes down to it
Thank you both for your information.
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

It may be simply that the tracking number has changed, and that your package is already on the move, but your account hasn't yet been updated with the proper new tracking number. 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I have two tracking one that is USPS saying delivered to erlanger and a pb that says its at the gsp
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
If you're not doing so already, you can check this website for more tracking information.

https://parceltracking.pb.com/

You're likely not going to see any tracking info between Erlanger and Mississauga, though.

Having said that, after years of purchasing online, I've come to the conclusion that knowing where and when an item's whereabouts has been scanned isn't as important as whether or not my item has reached me.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Already have checked and congrats on that.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Your sarcasm is misplaced here; the people answering your question are volunteers.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I understand that people are here to help just talking about yourself and your personal outlook doesn't add anything to further the topic.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Modesty is a beautiful thing
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
The subtext of my post was that you may be better off just waiting for your item to arrive rather than worry about where it was last scanned. Tracking is an interesting amusement, but it does little to affect the actual transport of your item.

I'm not trying to flay you here. I'm just encouraging you to enjoy your summer a bit more. 😄
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

I'm not worried about last scan as if it's in my country I was inquiring to the length of time for elranger processing. Seemed impractical for the package to be sent to a different direction and add time.
And I am it's a scorcher.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@amgwemarti-0 wrote:

I'm not worried about last scan as if it's in my country I was inquiring to the length of time for elranger processing. Seemed impractical for the package to be sent to a different direction and add time.

The Global "Shipping" Program is more of a forwarding service.  As such, items have to be sent to a central receiving hub before being sent on their way.

There probably isn't a high enough volume of packages being forwarded through the program to justify more shipping centres.  Besides, I'm sure eBay would find a way to mess that up and ensure that packages destined for, say, southeast Asia end up being processed in New York.  😄

Message 14 of 14
latest reply