Help; Item says it was delivered.

melbri1661
Community Member

I bought an item from the US that was supposed to be delivered to Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

I used the Global Shipping Program, and waited patiently and tracked my item as it traveled, until finally it said it was delivered on my front porch, a few days earlier than the expected date, to my exact postal code, BUT a different city, of Markham, Ontario, Canada.

Now my question is what should i do? Should I wait till past the expected dates of delivery to make contact with ebay/seller/global shipping program/canada post? This is my first experience with using Global Shipping Program, heck even eBay for that matter. 

Some sort of advice would be nice as i spent $500+ on this.

Thank you. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Help; Item says it was delivered.

marnotom!
Community Member
Are you using the tracking information on "my eBay"? I sometimes find that glitches out.

Try using your UPAA tracking number on this site:

https://parceltracking.pb.com

Near the top of the page with Pitney Bowes' tracking info there should be a link to click that reads "track on carrier's website". Usually that's Canada Post when the item reaches Canada. Click the link and see if the carrier's info differs from eBay's.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
By the way, what is the exact wording used on the tracking information to indicate the item's delivery? I've never seen "delivered to front porch" show up on tracking information.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Since most Canada Post employees can read, it would be odd to have a parcel with the correct street address on it delivered to the wrong city.

The postal code would take it to the terminal where it would be sorted by postal walk.

Then the carrier would pick it up, and see that the address had no relationship to any on her route.

And then it goes to a group of workers (in my limited experience, workers who are not currently able to do the physical work of sorting and delivery) who read the address , check what the postal code should be, and redirect it.

Delay, but not lost.

And that "front door" sounds weird too. 

Was the parcel finally sub-contracted to a courier like CanPar or FedEx? 

Even they tend to prefer to hire workers who are literate enough to read an address.

My own postal walk is a single city block. Some apartment houses might have two or three postal codes (walks) in a high rise.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Markham postal codes all start with "L"

Toronto postal codes all start with "M"

Sounds like a misdelivery.

Contact Pitney-Bowes (they manage GSP). Provide tracking info, and point out it was delivered to the wrong city. Email: global.shipping.support@pb.com

-..-

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have had this same thing happen a few times and one non delivery  within the

past week. Although not with the GSP as I won't buy from sellers using this

feature.  Anyways, contact Canada Post and explain the problem and they

will issue you a "ticket" number and investigate within three business days.

My package tracking had said delivered for two days and was not there.

Canada post called after 24 hours and advised that the package was now in

my box, which it was.  Don't delay in contacting them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply