How I can stop viewing items from china, japan, taiwan. Ebay suggestions DON"T WORK.

I want to be able to search for items that DON'T originate in any Asian countries, especially when trying to purchase vintage or antique oil paintings, and half of them come from companies that make cheap reproductions of paintings and place them under the antique or vintage section.   I have TRIED the way ebay says to do it  ie   Oil Painting -(China Asia Japan Taiwan) and I have tried Oil Painting -China -Asia -Japan -Taiwan and it doesn't work.

THANKS

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How I can stop viewing items from china, japan, taiwan. Ebay suggestions DON"T WORK.

@teddy2700 wrote:

I want to be able to search for items that DON'T originate in any Asian countries, especially when trying to purchase vintage or antique oil paintings, and half of them come from companies that make cheap reproductions of paintings and place them under the antique or vintage section.   I have TRIED the way ebay says to do it  ie   Oil Painting -(China Asia Japan Taiwan) and I have tried Oil Painting -China -Asia -Japan -Taiwan and it doesn't work.

Have you TRIED using the left hand side of the page under Item Location and clicking on NORTH AMERICA

north am.jpg

You can go to the European sites and do the same thing there only looking at items only from the European Union.  A few scammers will still list in NA or EU pretending to be there only they're in China but there won't be nearly as many to avoid.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

For a painting search, you can also try other ways to narrow your search on the left side as well, such as Region of Origin, Date, etc,

left side.jpg

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

trying to purchase vintage or antique oil paintings, and half of them come from companies that make cheap reproductions of paintings

It's not perfect, but change your Search to Highest Price First.

The cheap reproductions are less likely to turn up there.

And it is faster to drill down through a few hundred originals than to wade up through thousands of misdescribed repros.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply