Forum Posts

American seller charging GST/HST?

I couldn't find a complete answer on Revenue Canada's site or googling... if you buy something from an American company, should they be charging GST/HST? I don't know if they have a Canadian office or warehouse, or if they just chose to apply for a t...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay stupid Automated System

Several purchased eBay items not received longer than 60 to 75 days since order date and I opened CASE for each. Some sellers immediately refunded but when I received their items I repaid them via PayPal. However, I received an eBay email warning tha...

US to Canada UPS hazmat fees

Ive been trying to purchase a chemical for awhile now from a US seller that HAS to go by ups ground because it is a hazmat item. When trying to calculate the cost to my door will the price of fees increase because it is ground and hazmat? I looked th...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Some China/HK sellers won't ship batteries to Canada?

I noticed there are a few sellers who won't sell batteries to Canada stating they are dangerous goods. I know there are issues with batteries being shipped, but why would Canada be the exception, yet they ship no problem to the US? It makes no sense ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay forces sellers premature early refund

After items not arrived by couple of weeks beyond eBay due dates, I opened eBay CASE, communicated with sellers NOT refund until 3 days before due date of CASE. However, eBay forced sellers to refund immediately after 3 days since opening a CASE. The...

I gave neutral feedback and a seller is trying to manipulate me into changing it.

I gave neutral feedback and a seller is trying to manipulate me into changing it. The seller is not a bad person or a bad store, but I chose to leave feedback so that people would understand the limitations of the product. the seller, in china, wants...

How I can stop viewing items from china, japan, taiwan. Ebay suggestions DON"T WORK.

I want to be able to search for items that DON'T originate in any Asian countries, especially when trying to purchase vintage or antique oil paintings, and half of them come from companies that make cheap reproductions of paintings and place them und...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Returning an item not as described

I bought an item not as described and the seller asked me to open a return request.When I did that,it showed a restocking fee of 20%,which prompted me to cancel the request.I did write to the seller and she said not to worry she will not charge resto...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cancellation of problematic sale

I purchased an item on Sat. Feb 4. I paid right away and the seller sent me a message stating it would be sent on Monday. Great! The payment stayed in the "Pending" status for the entire week. It went through to my credit card, but was still showing ...

Totally 'Frustrated' E-Bay Customer

Purchased an item with Guest Account because I wasn't home when I placed the order and didn't have my account password. I still haven't received the item and can't log into the Guest Account with the information E-Bay provided. ( "Please login as a g...

Is there a time guideline for a Seller to get a Parcel out the door & to the Post Office?

Both the Seller & Buyer are located in Canada. The Seller rates at 100% for 200+ transactions.It's been close to a week since I purchased an item, Canada Post Tracking shows "Electronic information submitted by shipper" since the day I purchased the ...

why is it when you purchased an item then you are told item and seller has been removed from ebay

Ok first time buying in Ebay and what a nightmare... paid for the items , then received an email stating seller and item was removed ,, so where is my money???? this has to be the worse site for purchasing,, never had this problem with Amazon. Also c...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Will I get taxed?

I'm about to pull the trigger on some ram from the US.I'm on ebay.ca, signed in and it says 0.00 import fees. Am I gonna get screwed when this shows up at my door?If I do get charged at the door, is this now SNAD?

2017088.jpg 2017089.jpg

Credit card declining

My credit card isn't working on ebay right now. I have exactly the right amount of money on my card and I saw no problems with it on my bank's end. I found this: eBay will verify your account by placing a temporary $1.00 hold on the card. This is a c...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

I placed order on Oct 1st2016, i havent received my item yet. Ebay not refunding.Fraud

I placed order on Oct 1,2016. Received email on Oct 12 it has been shipped. I kept waiting for item thinkign that it might take months to come from china. And today i called ebay to refund my money , rep said cannot refund because its past 30 days. W...

Why don't items from China to Canada arrive? And why does ebay allow them to continue selling?

I ordered at least eight industrial cutting tools from various different sellers in China in November and December and only one has arrived. It is now February 4, 2017. Anyone else having serious issues with items not arriving from China? I'm sure it...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! soft ware

I am on 7 here no product key or cd for it I was told if I got 7 already how will the cd and sticker not work??? thanks I have been saving some stuff to my list to watching seller said it wont work its not an up grade I am not up grading I am trying ...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

i dont want this item and i dont buy

Hi i dont want this item and i have problem when i visit this page because no place, no button to cancell about tree time i send a message ton the seller and close this purchase please. Unpaid item case opened for Electric Power Lift Tongue Jack 12V ...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Return a Refund to Seller

Item did not arrive in time so I got a refund. Now that the item has arrived how do I return the refunded amount to the seller? Seller wants it done directly but isn't there a way through eBay?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful