How can you resolve getting refunds on non received items on pre-orders? Too much time has passed

I have bought items from this seller previously, he had two pre-orders that my son was dying for last year so we purchased them. Noe the items havent been received, its too long so i cant even leave negative feedback. It's also too long so both ebay and paypal cant even help. If they are allowing sellers to do pre-orders then whay arent they changing their policy to support buyers for this?

I may be out about 200 US dollars and thats not cool of either company. They need to stop allowing pre-orders or support their buyers with some kind of help and refunds that cover these as well.

Any thoughts on what else i can do?

Ive tried to contact the seller a few times, he hasn't bothered to respond and because hes a high volume seller ebay is like sorry we cant even contact him???????

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

How can you resolve getting refunds on non received items on pre-orders? Too much time has passed

marnotom!
Community Member

Did you fund your PayPal payment with a credit card?  Pursuing a chargeback with your credit card issuer may be your only remaining option, but even then, you may be past their time limit for doing so.

Has it really been more than 180 days since you made payment?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have tried that as well and they too cannot help after this long time

It also seems that the person may have disappeared, his account is active but he currently has nothing for sale which is unusual.

Sadly without PayPal and eBay's support I have lost this money

They need to stop allowing pre-orders if they aren't going to stand by their purchasing clients who are getting screwed

Thanks for your reply
Regards
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Welcome to ebay they finally got you too...lol

Mark

😄
Message 4 of 4
latest reply