How eBay has changed since my last experience?

Well haven't been on here for a while as I did most of my shopping directly from China or Amazon. Recently, I went on a shopping spree on eBay after 8 years at least, what I noticed is that most sellers claim to be located in USA while they're Asian. Which is extremely disappointing as some people like me chooses "North America" criteria in search for a reason. Usually if in NA it'll be 1-2 weeks, but if it's Asian, 3-6 Weeks. What they also do is provide USPS shipping labels that they create, which stays with the same status message even after receiving the products. Now I understand why Amazon be doing better than eBay. How could eBay overcome this issue? It's either Asians directly selling from there or Americans drop shipping. Either way it makes the shopping experience horrible. I am talking about sellers that has 99%+ ratings.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

How eBay has changed since my last experience?

There's a lot to unpack here.

First, sellers are supposed to give the location of the product,not the location of the seller. Some sellers who are dropshipping (a lazy way to sell) don't understand this or don't want to understand this.

Some Asian companies have set up warehouses in the USA and ship from there. Your payment may go to China (or Singapore or India or South Korea) but your item will in fact be shipped from the USA.

AZ is a seller. They compete directly with the private sellers who use the site. EBay only provides a venue where millions of sellers can advertise. AZ has much more control over the products on the site, since they own them.  If you want mass produced stuff, AZ has it, while eBay sellers will offer very competitive pricing. If you want out of production or collectible items eBay has the edge.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply