How long after purchasing an item you can open a case/ claim refund

I think it is 30 days, if yes what about the items which we buy from china and these arrive after more than one month. If  item doesn't arrive and buyer can't do anyting, it means your money has been wasted? thanks 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: How long after purchasing an item you can open a case/ claim refund

Not exactly.

It is during the 30 days after the last day of the estimated delivery window eBay gave you.

Look at your My eBay-> Purchase History.

That will give you your payment date and the last date for delivery.
Has that passed?

If so you can go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page or on the right of your Purchase History-> dropdown menu-> I haven't received it.

And open an Item Not Received (INR) dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement. It will not arrive either.

Do NOT close the case until the refund is in your account. This takes seconds (although the seller may not respond that fast) and does NOT require you to close the Dispute to get the refund.

You are also covered by your Paypal Buyer Protection and by the chargeback provisions of the credit card you use for online buying.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for reply, perhaps I am too late, i bought the item in 2020 so i was unable to follow your instrctions.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

As @femmefan1946 suggests, you may still be covered by PayPal’s Buyer Protection Program. You have 180 days from the date of purchase to make a claim through PayPal.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply