I hate ebay. I want ebay to fail. I want to see ebay owners eating from garbage cans.

Ebay sucks more and more each and every day. 1) At least 40% of the sellers are liars or simply don't know what they're selling, the small scale knowledgeable sellers are fading fast. 2) The ads on mywatchlist, my search page, my mailbox screen drive me up the wall and I had to change my email address because of the ebay junk mail. 3) But the absolute worst of all is this ebay global shipping nightmare.

GPS takes a week to get to KY, then 1.5 to 2 weeks in the ebay warehouse, then another week to get to the border and clear customs. Takes between 4 and 5 weeks now to get an item and I'm an hour from Maine. Speaking of which, I can ship to Maine from California in 4 or 5 days, one hour from my house, (not an option the border is closed). If amazon had more used goods I would already be gone forever, Alibaba is now an option too since I have to wait 4 or 5 weeks for US goods anyway.

My rant is over but fair warning to ebay, you are getting worse and worse while amazon and others get better and better. This won't end well for ebay!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I hate ebay. I want ebay to fail. I want to see ebay owners eating from garbage cans.

bowyca5
Community Member
eBay thinks only of there own pockets
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Who would have thought that mailing a package from a US address to Kentucky and then mailing it from Kentucky to a Canadian address would (a) be slower and (b) cost more than mailing directly by USPS? Incredible. But the Global Suckers Program manages to do just that. It capitalises on the timidity of many American sellers to ship abroad and even has defenders in Canada (Stockholm syndrome).

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The GSP is a forwarding service. You’re free to find your own forwarding service if you don’t want the GSP forwarding your stuff from Kentucky. One of them claims to have rates starting at US$13.

Come to think of it, that might be a solution for  your confusion about import charges and Best Offers.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 5 of 5
latest reply