I just had the winning bid then the seller cancelled ,my order.I payed immediately

I just had the winning bid on an item and later when I checked I found out the seller cancelled my order.Is this allowed on Ebay?.First time it happened to me where the seller just up and did it.I suspect they didnt get a high enough bid but this takes the whole concept of bidding and completely ruins it.I cant believe the seller is allowed to do that .There is no other reason for the seller cancelling other than they didnt get the amount they wanted.Dont you have to have a legitimate reason for cancelling other than you didnt get a high enough bid? This is rediculous.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I just had the winning bid then the seller cancelled ,my order.I payed immediately

marnotom!
Community Member

Is the seller based out of Canada or another country?  If the seller is based elsewhere, do they ship to Canada?

And if it's a US or UK seller, do they ship directly to Canada or do they use--possibly unknowingly--the Global Shipping Program to forward their goods overseas?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It is not supposed to happen but it does, mostly for the reason you suspect, too low a final bid.

The seller will eventually be kicked off ebay if they do this too often, cancelling sales without the buyer's consent for any reason (such as out of stock) will give the seller a defect, too may of these and the seller is barred.

I don't think there is any way to blame this on the GSP, it's just a numbnut seller who will either learn to do it fairly or be eventually ousted. It may be ridiculous but that's life.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
I've just observed that there's the occasional numpty of a seller who, not realising that their listing has the GSP applied, panics, believing that they'll have to ship out of the country, and for the US domestic rate they calculated.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply