I will not purchase again from sellers who do not leave feedback

can-weer
Community Member

I always try to work with the sellers and ALWAYS leave positive feedback. Why do some  not reciprocate?. I had paid promptly but why some never leave feedback. To those who can not be bothered to leave feedback I will not purchase from them again. Thank you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Since buyers can only get positive feedback, many sellers don't bother.

Actually, most sellers who do leave feedback have it automated and are not actually doing any stroking of the buyer.

Seller feedback has all the sincerity of a grocery store cashier's 'have a nice day."

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I always try to work with the sellers and ALWAYS leave positive feedback. Why do some  not reciprocate?. I had paid promptly but why some never leave feedback. To those who can not be bothered to leave feedback I will not purchase from them again. Thank you.

Sellers who don't leave feedback after a Buyer has left feedback is very unappreciative. It's good customer relations for the Seller to reciprocate a response to the Buyer.

I can see Sellers not responding if the Buyer has not left feedback, but not the other way around.

The feedback trend in recent years is becoming more non-existent on both sides, especially with Buyers not responding. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Any seller who doesn't leave feedback for you, as the buyer, doesn't deserve your repeat business. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thank you,

I am glad I was not the only one the felt this way.

Cheers,

Mark

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Even when they do leave feedback it's mostly just automated. The last 5 sales from 5 different sellers I purchased from have all left the exact same comment " Thank you for an easy pleasant trasaction "

Must be a generic response that the sellers have to click a button instead of taking 30 seconds to write a thoughtful review that is tailored to the purchase. I always leave detailed reviews, it would be nice if sellers did the same, or at least not have generic responses that are cold and inpersonal.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@puritygems wrote:

Even when they do leave feedback it's mostly just automated. The last 5 sales from 5 different sellers I purchased from have all left the exact same comment " Thank you for an easy pleasant trasaction "

Must be a generic response that the sellers have to click a button instead of taking 30 seconds to write a thoughtful review that is tailored to the purchase. I always leave detailed reviews, it would be nice if sellers did the same, or at least not have generic responses that are cold and inpersonal.

That "thank you" is really all they can say.  They list, you pay, they ship.  There is not a lot of interaction and getting to know you.  Mostly what you want some feedback for is so that when you are bidding on items the seller sees you are not a scammer, a thrill bidder who just wins and leaves, or someone who complains about everything.  What you say in your FB for others is important that way.  If it makes you feel any better you can always reuse the same FB for the seller: "Thank you for an easy pleasant transaction". 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

While I sympathize with your disappointment at receiving a rote response from a seller to thoughtful feedback left by you as a buyer, often the sellers who choose that phrase have enabled ebay's automatic-feedback feature. This means they never forget to leave feedback for their buyers, and that's better than not receiving feedback at all. Some sellers don't bother to leave feedback. Even more buyers don't bother.

It is important to note, like Vivian said, that sellers can't say much aside from a polite "Thank you."

I try to vary it a bit. If the buyer is new to eBay, I'll say: "Welcome to eBay. Thank you for choosing McQueen and Mo Mater." If the buyer is French, I'll say, "Merci beaucoup! Thank you for choosing McQueen and Mo Mater." If German, it's "Danke schon!" et cetera. Local pick-up? "It was a pleasure to meet you!" That kind of thing.

A seller can't really say anything personal to the buyer without getting into trouble. For example: "Thanks, Billy! Sure hope that toenail fungus ointment does the trick for you!" would get the seller into hot water for two reasons. The first being a reveal of the buyer's first name, the second a potentially embarrassing detail of their purchase history. Although I sell nothing worse than toys, I'd still be reluctant to share that detail in feedback in case it was meant as a gift. Never mind leaving feedback that says: "Hope you enjoy the xxxxl ladies underwear!" or "We guarantee you'll love our blow-up dolls!"

Know what I mean?

As a matter of fact, I've seen buyers leave negative feedback for sellers based on the seller having to accurately declare the contents for Customs of the order in the box -- a legal requirement-- if the order contained sensitive items. Simply because it's crossing a border, it has to be declared what's inside no matter what it might be.

To some extent, the seller's hands are tied. I know it isn't their intent to offend with bland feedback for buyers. Quite the opposite.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

A seller can't really say anything personal to the buyer without getting into trouble. For example: "Thanks, Billy! Sure hope that toenail fungus ointment does the trick for you!" would get the seller into hot water for two reasons. The first being a reveal of the buyer's first name, the second a potentially embarrassing detail of their purchase history. Although I sell nothing worse than toys, I'd still be reluctant to share that detail in feedback in case it was meant as a gift. Never mind leaving feedback that says: "Hope you enjoy the xxxxl ladies underwear!" or "We guarantee you'll love our blow-up dolls!"

LOL!!!   I wish I hadn't been drinking milk when I read that!   🙂  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply