INR Process Timelines

Had a low value item ordered from China back in October. Did not arrive by the expected delivery date of Dec 07. So as I understand it I have 30 days to file a INR which I did on Dec 15th. Seller has asked for a bit more time before resending or refund (I know resending is a no-no as for a resolution as a buyer), so willing to give them some more time. But when does Ebay close the request, is it 30 days from when I filed the initial INR?. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: INR Process Timelines

Yes. And since it is programmed, that's 30 days to the second.

Because of the holiday rush, I'd give it until January 3 or 4, then escalate to a Claim.

And again, you want money, not a replacement.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for clearing it up. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Things i ordered in october are just starting to come in now. I would recommend giving the sellers some slack, its not really their fault. There was a canada post strike and the items have been sitting in shipping containers on canada post's lawn for months. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@insanegrains wrote:

Things i ordered in october are just starting to come in now. I would recommend giving the sellers some slack, its not really their fault. There was a canada post strike and the items have been sitting in shipping containers on canada post's lawn for months. 

Items sent from China via bargain basement mailing methods tend to get tied up at the Canadian receiving hub anyway, for various reasons discussed elsewhere on the eBay.ca discussion boards.

The seller doesn't need any slack because the buyer will do the right thing and repay them if and when the item arrives and it's to their satisfaction.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@insanegrains wrote:

Well good news for the seller as the item just arrived.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply