Item in Transit, 4 weeks?

Is anyone else having this issue lately? In a timeline of 1 week, I have had two separate purchases, (from the US using the GSP ), from different sellers  stuck in transit (Mississauga) now going on 3 and 4 weeks. (I'm only 6 hours away from Miss)  No updating.

I opened up Canada Post service tickets. All they said was wait a week. Still nothing. I checked and rechecked my address info on ebay and paypal. Everything is a go.    I informed Ebay and they were most helpful in returning my funds, but when you are looking forward to some treasures you found and amazing deals, it's soooo disappointing.

It seriously makes me hesitate to purchase anything and count on it arriving at all. 😞

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

There is chatter about Chinese deliveries (mostly terror from folks who didn't bother to get a flu shot) being slowed in both directions.

With the GSP, if it was tracked to Mississauga, it was certainly sent, and you did the right thing in opening a Not Received Dispute and getting your payment refunded.

Your seller, who acted properly was not involved in the refund. That came from the GSP.

It is likely that the purchase will turn up since, in my 30 odd years of experience in mail order, 20 days is pretty normal for delivery within North America (or from the UK, which also has the GSP option for sellers).

When it does, the GSP doesn't want the money or the item back.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Spitballin’ again.

While I don’t believe mail is transported by rail anymore, could the rail blockades still have an indirect effect on mail service? For instance, could employees be having a harder time reporting to work if they travel by train?
Message 3 of 43
latest reply

Commuters use the GOtrain and I've seen no reports of those being held up.

GOtrains run almost every 15 minutes during rush hours, which in the GTA seems to start aroung 6am run to 10 am then start again at 3pm.
There's a reason why Toronto is an economic powerhouse for Canada.

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Commuters use the GOtrain and I've seen no reports of those being held up.

Lots of disruptions.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/02/union-station-chaos-after-more-go-trains-suspended/

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

Update...5 weeks and counting, no delivery, no updating, still in transit..

Also purchase number 3, is now in transit from Mississauga, since Feb. 21, Canada Post, opened another service ticket. 😞

I have had other purchases from ebay coming through ok, so I know my address is correct and all delivery info is up to date.

Oddly, the common factor is these purchases are all jewelry. I have told this to Canada Post and the value of the items, what they are etc. All they do is open a service ticket and a week later, tell me to contact the seller.

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

You're dealing with Canada Post?

Go to the bottom of this page, open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre.

State in the Dispute that this is a GSP shipment.

Generally, GSP is reported to deal with these problems by refunding without an argument.

Unlike us sellers, they have enough business and enough insurance not to sweat the small stuff.

Then let your sellers (who will not be affected by these refunds) know what happened.

Be sure to mention the GSP because part of what you paid covered import fees and this is the only way to get those back.

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

Another thought-- the GSP item would have a customs label showing that it includes jewelry and the value.

Have you stopped in to the local Post Office, in person, and asked the postmaster about this?

It is unlikely that a well-paid postal worker with a pension and benefits would find theft a good idea, but the PM should be notified in case she has had other problems with a particular worker.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

@femmefan1946:

GSP items are shipped out of Mississauga (and possibly Kentucky) with address labels bearing Canadian return addresses. There’s no need for customs forms to be attached to them as they’re listed on a manifest cleared as freight prior to entering the mainstream.

At least, that’s my understanding.

Having said all that, Jewellery is a restricted category for GSP shipments and it’s likely in this case that the item(s) in question didn’t make it out of Erlanger alive.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options/global-shipping-program?id...

I do wish sellers were held more accountable for their GSP listings, but I guess as we buyers are the ones paying the piper, it comes down to the importer to be the vigilant one.
Message 9 of 43
latest reply

Thanks.

But these items are traced to Mississauga (Gateway Terminal) so apparently they did make it to Canada Post.

I'm a great believer in face to face communication.

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I did get refunded for the first two, but because now the third item seems to be happening the same way. I just wanted to update this forum on this crazy trend.

I received  2 more purchases 2 days ago. They made it here with no issue, but just noticing, there is no itemized listing on the Pitney Bowes Label (GSP), stating contents or value. The labels were fully covering the original by the seller stating the contents.

I have been buying and selling on ebay for years and never had lost items, except for 1 about 3 years ago. Lost in transit in Washington. Thankfully I had insured that one. 😉

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

Update, number three purchase, has now been refunded.  In transit in Mississauga since Feb 23. Has been lost. Confronted Canada Post, face to face. All we can do is open a (service ticket) tracer, which they check the last known website update.

Refunds are ok, but I want what I bought. If I wanted my money, I wouldn't have purchased anything.  Gone is an engagement ring for my son to give his girl, and another a bracelet for my daughter's wedding and earrings for mother of the bride.

I now have tried to ask sellers to ship Fedex, which is more expensive, but many do not want to go that route and only want to do GSP, that ships USPS to Canada Post to Mississauga sorting depot. grrrr.

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

I have even asked sellers as of this morning to state on the contents as 'dental implants', with the actual value.. Maybe they might reach my door? Any advice would be great. 😉 Thanks in advance.

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

@love2shoppe4me wrote:

I have even asked sellers as of this morning to state on the contents as 'dental implants', with the actual value.. Maybe they might reach my door? Any advice would be great. 😉 Thanks in advance.

Items sent through the GSP are sent directly to Kentucky by the seller.  They don't need a customs form.  I believe the only information they need to provide Pitney Bowes that makes it different from a regular domestic shipment is a reference code, which I guess will link the shipment to the listing and whatever information the seller has provided on the listing that's relevant for customs purposes, such as country of origin.

If you find a listing for an item you like where the seller is using the GSP inappropriately, your only other option besides trying to persuade the seller to send it by a different shipping method is to have a US address on file with eBay where you can have the item sent instead, and either have the item forwarded from there or else pick it up (or have someone pick it up) from that location on your next visit and declare it upon re-entry into Canada.

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

Addendum: I still think those items that supposedly dead-ended in Mississauga are more likely still in Kentucky, with Canada Post having been supplied shipping information in advance through the Global Shipping Center or a shipping contractee. 

Message 15 of 43
latest reply

Apparently they all make it to Canada, but the message is always ends the same way. Here is one of my lost purchases, last update.

Message 16 of 43
latest reply

Sadly can't bring it up, but it says, Jan 31, received 9:14 Mississauga, and processed 11:41  Mississauga, February 1, in transit Mississauga. 1:48 am.

Message 17 of 43
latest reply

Thanks for the pic. I can view it on my phone. My point is what comes up in the tracking information may not necessarily jive with what’s happening in real life. Obviously “in transit” doesn’t mean that in your case, unless it means in transit to some holding facility where it will never get scanned again 🤷🏼

What does the first set of tracking codes give for that item’s departure date from the Global Shipping Center in Kentucky?
Message 18 of 43
latest reply

It's a real head scratcher. It was last processed in Chicago, before heading to Canada.

Message 19 of 43
latest reply

In the screenshot in post 16, what does it say if you click on the additional information arrow in the Feb 1 box?

Message 20 of 43
latest reply