Item yanked out the package

My items (branded hoodie) got yanked out its package presumably at ebay global shipping program and they still shipped me an empty box. 250$ down the drain. the content was written on the package so it was easy to spot for ebay shipping program
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member
Is there a label or note with the package that states it was opened or resealed by the Global Shipping Program?

Strange how the item’s contents were on the package. The seller doesn’t need to do that. Customs forms aren’t necessary for GSP shipments; reference numbers are used. Could the item have been sent by eBay’s International Standard Delivery service?

Anyway, your money isn’t down the drain. File an “Item Not as Described” claim through eBay’s Money Back Guarantee program if you’re still within the timeframe to do so and note the shipping service used by the seller in your description of your loss.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You are right it was standard delivery. i bought another one im gonna wait by the door and refuse if its damaged the other one was 250 and they didnt even require signature.. the problem is that they stole my hoodie and delivered me an empty box. That why ebay is so down behind other clothing company people assume its either fake or you receive and empty box.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I could be wrong, but I think that refusing the shipment would void any sort of buyer protection you'd have from eBay.  You wouldn't be able to file a claim for an Item Not Received because the tracking would imply that you would have been able to receive the item but you refused it, and you wouldn't be able to file a claim for an Item Not as Described because you'd have no package to base that claim on.

I think you're just going to have to let your second purchase play out like you did the first one.  In the meantime, let the seller of the original item know what's going on.  Because they used International Standard Delivery, they're going to be on the hook for the refund you're claiming.

Just out of curiosity, what carrier was handling your package within Canada?  Usually, Canada Post puts some sort of label on the package noting that they received the package in damaged condition and you don't say anything about that in your post.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

and refuse if its damaged

Not if you want your money back.

UNDELIVERABLE ITEMS

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...
If you refuse the parcel, the seller is not required to refund a single penny.

the other one was 250 and they didnt even require signature..

Signature is only required by eBay if the value is over $650.  You can ask the seller , before buying, if he will use Signature Confirmation and emphasize that you are willing to pay for it.

Open the Not As Described dispute and get your money back.

The seller can claim the loss on his insurance, but you should be refunded before that.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Signature is only required by eBay if the value is over $650.  You can ask the seller , before buying, if he will use Signature Confirmation and emphasize that you are willing to pay for it.

My understanding is that US sellers can't add Signature Confirmation to International Standard Delivery or GSP-forwarded shipments, so the buyer would have to ensure that the item is being sent some other way.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@mindykelot 

Another suggestion if you buy a lot by mail order/online.

Canada Post offers FlexDelivery free.

Instead of leaving packages on your doorstep, the carrier always leaves a Notice and you pick up at the PO (office or outlet) the next business day.

Like having a PO box but free.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply