Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Lv bag real or fake?

Are you asking as a buyer or seller?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Lv bag real or fake?

As  a seller if you personally (not your auntie) did not buy it in a shop that carries LV and other high end purses and accessories, assume it is a fake.

EBay got third degree burns from Louis Vuitton over this a few years back and the VeRO program is the result.

Listing fakes will get you restricted.

Repeats will get your account closed.

As a buyer, unless the seller is in North America or France, has hundreds of positive feedbacks for designer purses, and  100% positive FB rating, don't trust it.

Every thrift shop I go into has fake bags. And I used to see them all the time on young girls in the elevator at work.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Lv bag real or fake?

Are you talking about a bag that you own or one for sale on eBay?  There are genuine bags here but unfortunately there are also  fake ones.  You can ask about a specific bag by posting pictures of it In the  US eBay fashion board. There are a few posters there who may be able to help you.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Lv bag real or fake?

Tons of Louis Vuitton listings presently from Japan sellers. Too many to believe they are real, has anyone noticed these?  Some sellers are next-innovation, vintageorder, hellovintage, among many others. Seems to be a huge listing of hundreds of products. I don't see Louis Vuitton on the VeRO program list.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Lv bag real or fake?

Louis Vuitton is the reason there is a VERO programme.

They sued eBay, fought for eight years in court, won, and eBay had to pay out $61 million dollars.http://fortune.com/2014/07/17/louis-vuitton-parent-ebay-settle-8-year-old-fight-over-knock-offs/

On the other hand, Japan does have a large luxury market.

On the third hand, check that those bags are being shipped from Japan and not from China.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Lv bag real or fake?

Thank you, I thought that was the case but didn't have the will to do the research. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Lv bag real or fake?

marnotom!
Community Member

Last night I checked one of the sellers mentioned by the OP before the post was edited and they appeared to be selling used LV bags and they were pretty upfront about the fact that they weren't exactly in like-new condition, either.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply