Need contact info to redirect global shipping shipment within Canada -

I just found out that my shipment (purchase delivering to me) was undeliverable because I moved.  I thought I had my new address set up properly in the transaction, but I must have made an error.

I've received notification by email but the link I've been given in the email gives me an error message.  That isn't very helpful.  There isn't any email or phone # to call, just a link that doesn't work.

Help, please.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Need contact info to redirect global shipping shipment within Canada -

Who was the email from? That's a common phishing scam that lures unsuspecting recipients into clicking links they shouldn't.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for replying so quickly.

No, it's real.  I did move and I changed my address on paypal and thought that was the address that would be used for ebay shipments.  I now have two shipments en route with global shipping and I need my address changed.  I did update my ebay address now and I have contacted both sellers to advise.  

Any idea on how i can contact global shipping program to give them my correct address?   

I wish the link they provided would work.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

If you paid for Mail Forwarding when you left your old address, it will not forward parcels.

However, since the GSP is usually fairly quick, you haven't been gone from that address long.

I would suggest, that your Delivery Notice was from the PO nearest the old address. You only have about a week to pick up because those POs don't have a lot of storage space.

Your best bet is to go to the PO on the notice (if you don't see one, look at the canadapost.ca website for the Postal Outlets and Post Offices nearby, and just go there, with the emailed delivery notice.

If there has been any delay, phone each one during the day, and explain your problem. If you are polite, there is a good chance they will hold on to your parcel longer than usual.

Emails and phone messages are all very well, but face to face works even better.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

So the GSP works through the post office?  My new house is actually just kitty-corner to my old house.  I hadn't thought to look for a delivery notice on that house.  I will do so, and yes, the post office is usually helpful, I'm in a small town so I'll stop in tomorrow to see if they can help.

I really appreciate your help and advice.  I thought the GSP was through another delivery service, not post office.

Thank you!  I'll let you know what happens.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Usually Canada Post but not always.

We have heard of CanPar fairly often and complaints about FedEx once or twice.

The PO has the advantage of being cheap, efficient,and serving everywhere in Canada from Joe Batt's Arm to Tuktoyaktuk to Port Hardy.

The GSP uses whatever is around. Being in a small town, the PO is definitely the most likely.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I'm not doubting you, but there is a place called Joe Batt's Arm?

British place names can be as wierd but in long disused languages.

Torpentow Hill translates to Hillhillhill Hill.,

It's a hill.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Yep. It's in Newfoundland.

An 'arm' is like a fjord, and Joe Batt lived there.

Newfoundland is also where you will find Heart's Content, Heart's Ease, ComeByChance, and this exciting spot. http://roadsidethoughts.com/nl/dildo-profile.htm

Saskatchewan is well known are the province where Moose Jaw is found. But a town there boasts "New York is big but this is Biggar".

We have a National Park in Alberta called Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump National Park.

Ontario has both Tiny Township and **bleep** Township.

Quebec is famous for St-Louis-de-Ha-Ha.

My brother in law, the one with his own distillery, has visited Meat Cove in Nova Scotia.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

The second Ontario Township is the child of unmarried parents, and the bots got upset.

And of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfKr-D5VDBU

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I will be visiting Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump within the week. After driving through Picture Butte which I like to mispronounce.
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thank you all for your help.  Canada Post did end up with the package and they did see my mail forwarding and delivered the package to my new address.  

Thank you again, you've all been very kind to help.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

And we had fun with Canadian geography.

Best wishes.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply