Need some help with Paybright

topcat22
Community Member
Hi. I bought an item with Paybright a few days ago. I haven't recieved an email yet from Paybright, so I contacted them 3 days after and they stated that they see a contract made on that day and told me to contact eBay to see what's happening on their end. I tried looking for a support category close enough to my issue, but didn't find anything. Does anyone how to contact eBay if my issue doesn't fit in any category or what to do if anything else can be done. Any help is appreciated
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Need some help with Paybright

Somehow Paybright and eBay need to be on the same page so communication is needed to resolve to show that eBay has accepted the payment. Perhaps Paybright is like some banking institutions where it takes several days for a payment to go through and show as completed.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I know nothing about "Paybright", other than what I have read on the internet,  but if the seller does not or cannot accept that type of payment, there would be no transaction. Did you receive confirmation from eBay that there was a transaction? Your order would be in your purchase history.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Sorry but I’m a bit confused.  Is Paybright the seller or do you mean you used PayPal to purchase an item?  Who told you to contact eBay and why do you want to contact them?  Has the seller told you they haven’t been paid or ??

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Paybright is a Canadian financial institution...

"PayBright is a Canadian provider of instant consumer financing at the point of sale. ... Customers can pay for their purchases in affordable monthly payments, while the merchants receive their funds up front from PayBright."
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, I hadn't heard of them before. But is it possible to pay for an ebay item with them?

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. The item says paid and was already shipped. Should I just call Paybright again and say that it says paid on eBay?
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I really don't know how Paybright would work on eBay, unless a seller has it integrated into their payment system if the seller is a business merchant that is able to accept payment that way.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Somehow Paybright and eBay need to be on the same page so communication is needed to resolve to show that eBay has accepted the payment. Perhaps Paybright is like some banking institutions where it takes several days for a payment to go through and show as completed.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

You bought.

You paid with Paybright.

EBay(?) shows the item as paid and shipped.

I fail to see the problem.

EBay apparently has accepted the payment and the seller apparently has shipped.

What is the window for delivery?

If the last day of that window has closed, you can open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay and if the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Maybe I'll wait a bit longer because either way they have my contact info, so if there is any issue they can contact me. The only reason I'm worried is because they told me that I the email confirmation should have been recieved within 24 hours and the email has a contract that I have to sign and send to them, if I remember correctly. Thanks
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not being clear, but the problem is I'm supposed to recieved an email with a contract(which I think I have to sign and send to Paybright) and my payment plan from Paybright, but they say there might be something on eBay's end which is stopping the contract/payment from being confirmed on their end. I've decided to wait it and see what happens
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

EBay has a limited number of organizations that they deal with.

The only one I know of outside of Paypal is PaisaPal, which operates only in India, but I think there are others.

If eBay doesn't recognise Paybright, your seller didn't get paid.

That he says he has shipped tells me he did get the payment.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

EBay has a limited number of organizations that they deal with.

PayBright is one.

https://pages.ebay.ca/paybrightcredit

The issue the OP appears to have is lack of email confirmation. Which appears to be more of problem with eBay's email system than with PayBright.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@topcat22 wrote:
Hi. I bought an item with Paybright a few days ago. I haven't recieved an email yet from Paybright, so I contacted them 3 days after and they stated that they see a contract made on that day and told me to contact eBay to see what's happening on their end. ...

Did you check your eBay mailbox?

https://mesg.ebay.ca/mesgweb/ViewMessages/0/All

You can also check what Communication Preferences you have set for your account.

-..-

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @topcat22 - I wanted to hop in here and say that I hope that everything worked out alright with your purchase!

When it comes to questions about this transaction, please contact eBay for questions regarding your purchase. Contact PayBright for questions regarding your credit by calling 1-877-276-2780 for English support and 1-844-856-1163 for French support. Or visit https://paybright.com/contact/.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply