Need suggestion: Did not receive track no.(ship via GSP) after 2weeks of payment

I purchased item about $1000+ with "Global Shipping Program" from the US seller and completed payment within 24hr.  However, today, the item is still marked as "not ship yet".  The seller said he has already shipped, but never provided any tracking no. 

My point is I do need the item as soon as possible.  It will be okay if it arrived within the estimation date.  But, if the seller just pretended that the item was shipped and I would not get my item in the end, this would ruin my plan.  I need my credit back and buy from another seller as soon as possible.

Delivery details:

Usually shipped within 3 days;  Estimated delivery Apr26 - May7;  Ebay Global Shipping Program eligible

Timeline:

APR 12 : Purchase + Payment completed

APR19 : Item marked as "not ship yet";  Contact the seller want to cancel if it does not ship yet.

APR20 : Seller said item was already shipped, but he did not upload the tracking yet and will upload it when he went to his office on the next day.

APR20 : Item still marked as "not ship yet";  Contact the seller if he sent me the tracking information, or maybe, I missed something.

APR23 : Item still marked as "not ship yet"; and no response from the seller.

I am confusing; what should I do rather than wait until May7 and found that the item never shipped, and wait for a long time until I get my $1000+ refund.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Need suggestion: Did not receive track no.(ship via GSP) after 2weeks of payment

Now, my BIG question is : Will I receive my order?

I want the item arrived before May7.  I am okay to purchase from another seller and open the case "not receive item".  But, I am still afraid that I would get two copies of the item instead. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Re: Need suggestion: Did not receive track no.(ship via GSP) after 2weeks of payment

You will not be able to open a case for Item Not Received before May 8.

Did the seller give you a tracking number? Get a tracking number. This is more important at the moment than marked as Shipped or not. At least to start. You need assurance the item is, in fact, in transit.

One note: items purchased through the Global Shipping Program are not renowned for speedy delivery. They are handled many times: by the seller, the carrier, then the GSP hub, then back to the carrier, Customs, another carrier and finally you.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

In the sellers listing details it should hopefully specify where they ship from and the service that you paid for your particular item.  Once you have confirmed with the seller the tracking  you would  be able to confirm the  service they actually used and that may give you a better idea on when you could expect your item.  From there go to the courier site and sign up for automatic updates and you can monitor its delivery path. Because your shipper used GSP your item will detour through Kentucky and that affects the delivery time.

-CM

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Estimated delivery Apr26 - May7;

That is the window for delivery.

It may arrive by the end of this week or not until May 7.

Four weeks or so is a long time from the USA, a little long from the UK.

Only US and UK sellers can use the Global Shipping Program.

BUT

The GSP is a Seller Protection.

Providing your seller shipped to the GSP plant in Erlanger KY, it will get to you.

If not you are covered by the Money Back Guarantee.

If nothing arrives by May 7 (as others have said  the earliest date allowed to open a Dispute), you go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received Dispute.

In the Dispute, state that this is a GSP shipment.

If the GSP cannot prove delivery, you will be refunded.

If the seller had shipped but had not bothered to upload the tracking number, eventually the item will arrive.

Probably the day after the Dispute is settled in your favour.

GSP does not want the item back. So you dispose of it as you will.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

I am okay if I receive my order or at less know that my order is under process. 

My concern is when I asked for tracking from the seller, he said he would upload it in the next day, but I got nothing.  Two days after, I asked the seller again about the tracking no., but no answer nor reply from the seller.

Can I know that my item arrived the shipping centre if the seller does not uploading a tracking number?  Is it possible ?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

The fact that you are gaining no response from the seller is a problem. Regardless, you can’t really open an Item Not Received case until after May 7. And it’s a big ticket item. This is a problem.

If you go into PayPal, you can find an email address for this person too. There’s also a way to request a phone number. Normally, I don’t encourage the latter since it seems unnecessary in most cases but you might want to see if you can get that.
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I'd be concerned too.

The tracking number the seller gives you would only work as far as the GSP plant in Erlanger KY. (This is a US seller , right?)

After that GSP takes over and completes the shipping.

Another poster uploaded this some time ago, perhaps it will help.

I found this thread today while awaiting a shipment. Once I learned that Pitney Bowes was the relevant company, I was able to find my package's tracking info in about 10 seconds.

Step 1: Go to the Pitney Bowes Parcel Tracker page at https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Step 2: Enter your eBay-supplied Global Tracking number (mine began with UPAA...)

Step 3: You will be shown limited tracking info. In my case, only up to the point the package left the USA and entered Canada.

Step 4: Click on the "Track on carrier's website" link at the top right.

Step 5: You will be provided with tracking on the page of the actual shipping company, in my case Canada Post, with a tracking number in THEIR system.

Problem solved! If only eBay would put a link to https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/ in their shipping emails, this could all be avoided...

The question here is whether you got that UPAA... number. Check your spam and junk folders, just in case.

Both the postal system and GSP are quite good at delivering what they are given.

The question is whether they were given anything, which your seller is refusing to confirm.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for every answers.

I found that the seller just responded yesterday night (Monday), and he said the tracking will be provided within Wednesday.

Is it really that hard to give the tracking number?  I have no idea.

Now, I cannot help but think that the seller still have not shipped the item yet.  Maybe, he will ship it on Wednesday?

Are there any ways that I can check if my order arrived Ebay Shipping centre without a tracking number from the seller?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

There is no eBay Shipping Centre.

Most sellers ship directly to the buyer.

The Global Shipping Program does have a central plant in Erlanger KY, but without a tracking number, they would be as baffled as you are.

Could you post the eBay number of the purchase ?

With so little buying experience here, I'm wondering if you were overly confident in the seller.

Was there a gap in his feedback of six months or more ?

That would allow us to take a look at possible problems, especially by checking the seller's feedback.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

There is no eBay Shipping Centre.

Most sellers ship directly to the buyer.

The Global Shipping Program does have a central plant in Erlanger KY, but without a tracking number, they would be as baffled as you are.

Could you post the eBay number of the purchase ?

With so little buying experience here, I'm wondering if you were overly confident in the seller.

Was there a gap in his feedback of six months or more ?

That would allow us to take a look at possible problems, especially by checking the seller's feedback.

The only number I found is 132480017203, not sure if it is purchasing number or not.

This is the seller information: 
https://www.ebay.ca/usr/sweenr08?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Before I posted, I have already researched about the Global Shipping Program and understood the roughly procedure.  Sorry for not being clear.  When I said eBay shipping center, I meant the global shipping center plant in Kentucky.  Again, I am still wondering if it is possible to know where my item is without tracking from seller.  If the item arrived Kentucky plant, would eBay send any confirmation email?

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

This seller has a feedback rating of only 64, made up mostly of purchases.  Their only feedback as a seller is a single negative.  I'd be extremely reluctant to purchase a US$1150 item from a seller with that sort of track record.  This may be a hijacked eBay account.  Or just someone new to selling who hasn't a clue what they're doing.

I doubt the item's been shipped (assuming there is anything to ship in the first place).   Your seller may be sitting on this under the belief that they have to ship the item directly to you, which would more or less guarantee that you'd be paying a second set of "import charges" upon receipt or shortly after receiving the item.

You may just want to try and get this seller off the hook and ask them politely to cancel the sale.  I don't know off the top of my head what hoops you'd have to go through to get your shipping charges to Pitney Bowes and your import charges back, though.  You may not need to worry about that,  but that is a consideration nonetheless.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

This may be a hijacked eBay account. 

Not likely.

The seller has been buying fairly steadily for over a year. Not the usual pattern for a hijacked account.

I wonder if the newbie seller is unsure about how to handle a cleared payment, which is being Held by Paypal, as they do for new sellers,  until they have proof of shipping.

You might try telling the seller that he can use the Held funds to buy a shipping label (to ErlangerKY) from the Held funds.

And that being able to do this, shows that the funds are in fact Held by Paypal.

Ummmm.

Is your PP account backed by a credit card or a bank account?

If by a bank account, you wrote an'e-cheque' which must clear TWO banking systems before being deposited in the seller's PP account. Where it would be Held.

That panicks a lot of newbie sellers too.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

The only current item he seems to have up is shipped world wide, but he doesn't have a shipping price for Canada (maybe I should see what he charges for Qatar).

No mention of the Global ShippingProgram.

Mostly a newbie working in the dark. Wearing mittens. And earplugs.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

This may be a hijacked eBay account. 

Not likely.

The seller has been buying fairly steadily for over a year. Not the usual pattern for a hijacked account.

That's a good observation.  For what it's worth, I was looking at the fact that membership for that ID became active in 2007 and about half their feedback has accumulated in the past year.  In addition, they've only left one feedback for others.  The account may not be hijacked in the usual sense, but it may have changed hands or may be being shared.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

Regardless of the reason for the seller to behave the way he has or is doing, my concern is that this buyer is being hung out to dry. I think it unlikely anything has shipped and the buyer has spent a great deal of money. If the buyer were to call Customer Service, would CSRs be able to look into the seller's account and find something different from what we can see? 

Should the buyer use the Contact form to get this seller's phone number and call them? It's been five years since I even tried to do that, does that function still exist?

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Thank you for all analytics.

The case is closed(hopefully).  I just got the tracking few hours ago, both local tracking and international tracking.  The item is marked as "ship".   After tracking the local number with UPS, as I thought, the seller just shipped the item yesterday (23rd 18:29), and it will arrive ERLANGER,  KY  US tomorrow (25th).

From my research, items usually take 5-6 business days from Global shipping centre to Canada, so my item should be arrived around 3 to 4 of May.  It should be still in the time frame.

Now, I am ready to give "Natural" feedback if the item is as describe and arrive on time.  Because, the seller took 11 days (or 7 business days) to ship the item.  Secondly, the seller was lying.  He told me on 20th at 1AM that he had already shipped the item, but the fact was the item was shipped on 23rd evening.

I hope no more headache story.  At least the global shipping center will firstly inspect the item before they ship to Canada, so the item should be as describe.  And,  it should arrive before 7th, but if not, I am ready to open case "not received" immediately due to 11 days of handling time.

Note that, few weeks ago, I just bought an item from Canadian seller who had 14 feedbacks.  That purchase was beyond my expectation and really satisfied; shipped within 1 day, arrived  5 days before estimation, flawlessly description.  That's why I expected the same experience with this US seller.  And, I read that GSP would inspect the item before they shipped globally.  At least, I won't get a rock.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@supaw_wongt wrote:

Note that, few weeks ago, I just bought an item from Canadian seller who had 14 feedbacks.  That purchase was beyond my expectation and really satisfied; shipped within 1 day, arrived  5 days before estimation, flawlessly description.  That's why I expected the same experience with this US seller.  And, I read that GSP would inspect the item before they shipped globally.  At least, I won't get a rock.

Fair points, but keep in mind that it's not just the number of feedback reviews that a seller has accumulated that a buyer has to consider, but the nature of that feedback as well.  If those 14 feedback reviews were all for that user in his or her role as a seller, that certainly looks better than your current seller, who only has one feedback review as a seller, and that review is a negative one for another high-ish ticket item.

Feedback needs to be read and analyzed.  It's not just a numbers game.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

I hope no more headache story. 

As do we all. Fingers crossed.

Please note that if the item is late OR is Not As Described, opening a Dispute when GSP is involved can be tricky.

Come back here and let us know how it goes.

And leave the feedback until the entire transaction is over, you have the item in your hands and it is satisfactory and As Described.

Message 19 of 19
latest reply