Package lost in transit?

I have a GSP item I purchased that shipped from the US, has gone through the Erlanger sort center and cleared customs. Since october 5 the tracking with Canada Post has shown that it is in Mississauga, has been released from customs and is now with Canada Post for further processing. The expected delivery date still shows October 11 but I have not received it! The seller has been awful with communication since the start and is refusing to respond to my requests for her to help me.

I tried calling Canada Post myself to open a service ticket, but they said they need to hear from the seller (who is deciding to uninvolve herself from the situation).

So I realized it had been over 30 days since date of purchase, and I panicked and opened an eBay dispute. It is telling me it's the seller's turn to do something, but she hasn't done anything. It says I can "take action" tomorrow Monday 16. I plan on calling eBay to discuss all this come Monday but am worried they will settle in the seller's favour, because there is a valid tracking number and everything? After all it's not her fault it's stuck in transit (although I do need her to contact Canada Post on my behalf!!). This was a $225 item! Any advice in the meantime about how to handle this would be appreciated!! I just want to receive the item!!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Package lost in transit?

I feel kinda sorry for her because she's so confused haha but seriously, do some research on protocols before just posting an item. Kinda tired of US sellers who use the GSP not knowing what it is haha. I wonder, did the refund come from her pocket or eBay's?
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Pitney Bowes pays if it gets lost under their watch.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

@gilliankehler wrote:

I feel kinda sorry for her because she's so confused haha but seriously, do some research on protocols before just posting an item. Kinda tired of US sellers who use the GSP not knowing what it is haha.

Here's the thing:  There was a user agreement update a few years back that in essence reads that eBay will sometimes automatically insert the GSP into listings that aren't set up to block bids or purchases from users with non-US shipping addresses, but also with no specified international shipping on the listing.  In the old days, these would have been listings that would have the message "May not ship to Canada, contact seller for details, yadda yadda yadda" (as opposed to ones where the message "Does not ship to Canada" would have been inserted by eBay).

As a result, there's a lot of listings with the GSP applied to them without the seller's awareness because they haven't been keeping up with changes to the user agreement, and the GSP isn't terribly well communicated on the .com site otherwise.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply